We have roles available in the UK across a number of locations including Telford, London, Southend, Worthing, Manchester, and Newcastle. Capgemini supports flexible and home working, but we are looking for people who are able to travel to client sites, are flexible in terms of assignment location and are prepared to stay away from home if required.
An overview of the role
The role falls within the “Data and Analytics” delivery centre of Capgemini’s Public Sector business. The group provides a wide range of data and analytics solutions in support of our clients’ business priorities: maximise revenues, bear down on fraud, and respond to current Covid challenges.
We require data architects who have the experience & ability to operate across the data lifecycle for our clients, providing enterprise level data architecture solutions for programmes covering cloud migrations, data management, data virtualisation, as well as the creation of modern data pipelines. You will help our clients build world class leading solutions, putting client requirements and industry best practise at the heart of delivery.
Our data architects operate as technical leaders within a project or programme team from the onset of solution design and development through to final delivery and implementation into Live Service. As part of the overall end to end delivery, our data architects often support the development of commercial proposals and additionally will own the technical solution governance at all stages.
As a data architect, you will have responsibility for the ownership of the solution design through the delivery phases, be responsible for working through the technical challenges and decisions in partnership with the project and engagement management communities to safely deliver the solution into Live operation.
We expect our data architects to have experience of a wide range of technologies including public and private cloud business solutions, best practices and modern ways of working. This experience is essential to influence and advise of the most appropriate solution options and to be highly credible with both our clients and senior internal stakeholders.
Key activities of the role:
Produce architectures and designs for complex end-to-end data solutions, including data storage & management, ETL, Reporting and Analytics
Provide advice to clients on architecture/infrastructure, platform and engineering best practices across Data Warehouse/Data Lake solutions and modelling concepts.
Take ownership of the client requirements, deliverables and accountabilities to ensure adherence to Architecture Governance processes, industry best practices and to maintain consistency with clients’ Architecture vision
Drive the solution development and documentation of solution designs ensuring good architectural practices are observed through the lifecycle of the solution development
Provide oversight of architectural direction for and on behalf of our clients
• Working with agile development teams and delivery architects through all phases of the solution lifecycle
• Develop excellent working relationships with our clients to become their trusted advisors through boldness and honesty
• Manage relationships with vendors, third parties and the wider Capgemini including key stakeholders
• Ensure solution delivery is performed according to agreed specification.
Challenge the status quo, and provide an alternative point of view as and when required.
Own technical problem management and resolution relevant to the solution development
Why this role?
As a Capgemini Architect you will be assigned to Capgemini major Public Sector clients. The architecture team has varied and broad skills and strengths spanning Business and Enterprise Architecture in early lifecycle engagements through to delivery. We have Solution Architects with deep technical backgrounds in data management, cloud technologies, software architecture & design, micro-services, platform deployment and application migration. These technology skills are combined with customer facing skills and experience, commercial acumen and a proven delivery track record.
• Experience with multiple data storage types and technologies in data warehouse and data lake solutions. Examples include relational DBMS (e.g. Oracle), Hadoop, NoSQL(e.g. Hbase), Columnar DBs (e.g. Amazon Redshift), Graph DBs (e.g. Neo4J), cloud object storage (e.g. Amazon S3), cloud DB as a service (e.g. Amazon RDS)
• Understanding of architecture and design concepts for ETL/ELT solutions utilising a range of tooling (examples include Talend, Pentaho DI, Informatica, SAS DI, Java)
• Understanding of architecture and design concepts for data exploitation solutions and technologies includes Analytics (e.g. SAS, R), Reporting (e.g. Pentaho Business Analytics, Power BI) & APIs (e.g. Java, Denodo)
- Demonstrable expertise in the areas of data modelling in large complex IT estates, implementation of multiple data architectures and integration of Data Management/Governance tooling
- Experience in modern ways of working (examples include Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, Test Automation)
• Experience working with On Premise, Cloud, and Hybrid solutions including Cloud Migration programmes.
• Able to set direction, technical scope and to build / lead teams of technical individuals and manage their technical deliverables
• Excellent communication, influencing and facilitation skills, in particular for problem solving/troubleshooting activities
• Assertiveness in dealing with people at all levels within and outside of the delivery organisation, including partner and client organisations
• Issue management, prioritisation and ability to provide pragmatic direction which is consistent with clients’ longer-term strategy
• Able to demonstrate resilience, flexibility and adapt to changing schedules and priorities
• Demonstrate knowledge of how to integrate 3rd party products into complex IT estates, manage interdependencies between products and lead end to end delivery in potentially multi-supplier engagements
• Adds personal value: A drive to deliver results and exceed client expectations.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 300,000 team members in almost 50 countries.
This role is open to applications through our Relaunch@Capgemini programme for individuals who have been on a Career Break of between 2 and 10 years. We understand that you won’t necessarily match every requirement on the job description but please do apply for the vacancy that best meets your area of expertise. Further details on the programme can be found at https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/careers/relaunchcapgemini/”