Who you’ll be working with:
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are currently seeking a top performing Reference Data Architect with hands on experience with Data or Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
Focus of the role:
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Reference Data Architect with Technical / Management skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics. The person will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels.
We are currently looking to hire a skilled Reference Data Architect – preferably with payments experience to join our Payments practice and work on an initial project with one of our London based, Banking clients.
The successful candidate will be part of the development team responsible for delivering Reference and Static Data solutions in the Global Payments / Corporate Banking Technology organization. The Payments Reference Data Architect will be a hands-on technical leader developing and managing reference data platform, responsible for data architecture, data modelling, and data integration solutions for the Corporate Bank payments ecosystem. Expertise is required in secure, highly scalable reference and static data solutions that deliver immediate business value while building solid foundation for future global needs.
What you’ll do:
The range of activities that our Reference Data Architects get involved with is extensive and includes:
- Devise Payments Reference Data strategy, including sourcing and distribution, focusing on design and data management
- Formulate strategic approach to ref data security, logging and monitoring for data access, eventually in the cloud environment
- Keep pace with technology best practices, especially cloud adoption, trends and technologies
- Build and maintain strong relationship with business leads / stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs, business requirements and project delivery plans.
- Work closely with technology stakeholders from CB Tech systems including various Payments services to document data flows and produce data models, detailed view of the data classes, and low-level architecture and use cases for the development team.
- Work closely with tech leads to establish and operate the governance framework for the Reference Data program
- Design and assist in building out proactive data quality checks to ensure data accuracy and timely delivery
- Responsible for governance of data models, working in collaboration with domain architects and Payments Design Authority
What your bring
- In-depth understanding of Global Payments processing and associated reference data models. The candidate should be reference data SME and understand evolving business and technology landscape of processes, data and technologies used.
- Working knowledge of international, high value fund transfer solutions used by banks to process payments for institutional, retails, corporate, and corresponding banking relationships. Knowledge and understanding of Payments applications from both functional and technical perspectives is essential. Hands-on knowledge of SWIFT workflows is preferable.
- Expertise in data modelling, understanding reference data trends and challenges is mandatory
- Proven record of working within CB / GTB organization and building technology solutions is key – successful candidate must be able to demonstrate extensive experience in delivering technical reference and static data management solutions meeting business data needs.
- Must have working knowledge in interfacing with IT teams with limited exposure to the business. This is primarily an IT role
- Experience working on large scale projects, enterprise data solutions with disparate sources to enable standardization & classification for data processing and consequent application development, including extensive practical skills in developing systems for static and reference data; cloud experience is a big plus
- Deep expertise in handling structured data and unstructured data
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, Java, and logical data modelling is required. Ideal candidate would be a technically aligned Data Architect
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com People matter, results count.