At Capgemini Engineering we value excellence, care, responsibility, dynamism and innovation. We offer a job with variation that leaves plenty of room for initiative and development. In fact, we are not just offering you a job, we’re inviting you to be part of our community where we will provide you trainings, tools & grounds for professional and personal growth.
Each career experience is assorted by an attractive salary package.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
If you are a team player, if you recognize yourself in the following profile and are not afraid of taking on challenges… Apply today!
Our growing team is looking for engineers and scientists interested in a data analytics career within an engineering consultancy company. The ideal candidate for this position is able to do complete life cycle data handling from collection to cleaning, visualization and information communication to stakeholders both peers and management. We expect that the candidate is qualified technically but more importantly expresses natural creativity and an inquisitive nature. Depending on the needs of clients, the candidate is also expected to show initiative and autonomy in exploring the current state-of-the-art of a wide range of software applications.
Responsibilities and duties
As a data analytics consultant it is expected that you have a very good understanding of mathematical and statistical apparatus. Scripting skills are your main tool on a daily basis, so knowledge of programming languages and software development skills are highly desirable. The primary work environment and activity of our team is linked to engineering: therefore knowledge and understanding of physics, mechanics, electronics or related is considered as a big plus.
Among others, the expected responsibilities read as follows:
– Make use of programming and scripting skills to collect and preprocess raw data sources
– Develop and implement databases for efficient storage and management of data
– Use of statistical methods to analyze and generate useful insight from data
– Build and train mathematical models for forecasting and classification analysis
– Propose innovative ways to answer complex engineering challenges
Qualifications and skills
The data analytics activities in the engineering world is very demanding and working within teams or independently is equally important. Very good communication skills are at the bases of a data analyst consultant.
Required technical qualifications
– Master’s Degree or PhD in applied Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related
– Experience in data analytics related activities
– Good theoretical & practical knowledge in statistics
o Statistical hypothesis testing
o Regression methods for testing and inferring
o Associative and causal relationships
o Bayesian statistics
– Good knowledge of programming languages like R, Python, MATLAB
– Algorithm development and time series data analysis
Desired technical qualifications
– Cloud technologies
o Azure Microsoft
o Hadoop, Spark
– Database technologies both relational (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite) and non-relational (MongoDB)
– Supervised and unsupervised machine learning (classification/clustering, regression, pattern recognition)