Role Value Proposition:
Data Governance (DG) is to manage data as a corporate asset by coordinating the people, processes, and technology needed to improve the quality and consistency of data throughout the company and maintain compliance with expected regulations.
This role is to support to work with Data Governance Working Group in Data Mapping register to Collbra via communicating with API factory team, Application Develop teams to understanding the data model, frameworks, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute data governance implementation (system data mapping and uploading to collibra) activities by collaborating with Data Governance Group
- Support Data Governance BAU maintenance activities (change management and issue management process)
- Identifies, evaluates, and promotes opportunities for Data Governance output in Collibra and marketing them to API factory and Application Development team.
- Responsible for protecting data in systems and facilitating data initiatives (both administrative and development) to support DG
- Collect and manage technical metadata (Database table, schema, column, field, API, technology assets, etc.)
- Defining technical data lineage for Critical Data Elements (CDEs) and implementing changes to data lineage in the DG standard tool (Collibra) when necessary
- Design and manage execution of remediation activities (with support from Data Steward) and resolve IT-related Data Quality issues
- Translate business rules into technical data quality rules and execute data quality assessment in systems by using data quality assessment tools
- Execute remediation activities and resolve IT-related Data Quality issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or data governance/management
- 3+ years of experience with any combination of the following: Data governance, database technology, application development, data modeling, data quality assessment, data profiling, master/reference data, and metadata management.
- 3+ years of experience with data ingestion, data integration, data migration and control.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance processes in system. They have knowledge on:
- key applications and data structure
- Data Domain specific technical metadata (table, schema, column, field) pertaining to operational and reporting usage
- associated applications with technical data lineage, modeling, and ETL rules
- Experience developing technical data quality rules including capability to interpreter and transform business rules
- Strong knowledge on databases(Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- Excellent communication skills in English, business level of Japanese.
- Strong knowledge on data governance tool (Collibra)
- Experience on data governance tool, e.g. Informatica Data Quality module (IDQ)
- Experienced with database development, maintenance, or other data related projects
- SQL / Java / ETL/API development experience
- knowledge on master / metadata management (MDM)
- Has a passion to drive a cultural change for data driven company
#Data Governance, #Collibra, #Database