A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Location: Chicago/New York (Must be open to Relocation)
- You will be working with Capgemini’s Banking and Insurance clients for developing, testing and maintaining business applications after initial 4-week training program.
- During the training program, you will be trained to enhance your relevant programming, delivery and consultative skills to be successful in your role.
- During your tenure, you’ll be working on our client projects in financial services industry on challenging projects that have the potential to change the way we trade.
- You’ll work closely with a mentor who will provide guidance, growth opportunities, and genuine feedback.
- We provide an ideal opportunity for bright engineering-savvy minds to put their talents to the test in real-world applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or related field
- Good customer facing and business communication skills
- Knowledge of SQL, Unix, SAS, R, Hive, Python, Scala, Spark in a big data environment to build, test, evaluate, and maintain robust data analysis and models (experience with machine learning tools, and /or Open Source tools such as R and Python required)
- Exposure to implementing statistical models
- Conduct data analysis and predictive analysis to meet client needs
- Reverse-engineer implemented solutions to understand the client problem and resolve client challenges
- Identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers
- Implement new, highly scalable platform components and tools leveraging machine learning and deep learning models to analyze real-world problems
- Responsible for data analysis and modeling to generate business insights
- Utilize historical trends and predictive models to forecast outcomes
- Drill down into the data to find root causes of trends and understands such trends
- Draw conclusions by making recommendations for developing or modifying analysis strategies with little or no supervision
- Generate ad-hoc reports and continue enhancing standard reports
- Strong team player with organizational and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for analytical concepts and great attitude & work ethic
- Ability to work with leadership and clients
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.