We are seeking a top performing Data Analyst to join our sucessful Insights & Data Practice. This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit with the inital client based in Ipswich, so all successful consultants should be expected to travel.
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Data Analyst with Technical skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics. The person will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders in order to derive requirements for Business Intelligence Solutions and to work with the development teams to translate those requirements into accurate Software Specifications. Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables to potential clients.
The range of activities that our Data Analyst will get involved with is extensive and includes;
- Strong SQL Skills alongwith SPARX (Data Modeling) and SSIS skills expected
- Work with all business areas to elicit, define, prioritise and document business requirements, including challenging existing processes where appropriate
- Lead and facilitate requirements gathering and solution workshops with stakeholders, suppliers and functional/technical subject matter experts
- Complete detailed analyses on:
- Systems impacts of new/changed functional processes to provide a detailed definition of gap fit requirements including any requirements for integration between systems
- Data flows and business/accounting requirements to clearly define: data content, formatting, mapping, cleansing, enhancement, validation, exceptions handling, access, retention and storage requirements
- Liaise with technical specialists and other business analysts from WTW/3rd parties to define/design appropriate end-to-end solutions, ensuring these meet both defined business requirements and Group Technology principles/roadmaps
- Work with technical SMEs to ensure any non-functional technical requirements are defined, agreed and documented
- Support the QA process on projects by contributing to QA/testing strategies/plans, reviewing testing documentation, reporting progress of testing, contributing to production of test cases and answering general queries from QA analysts
- Review any supplier functional specifications and all WTW/supplier technical specifications to ensure business requirements are accurately translated
- Provide general guidance to project team members during design, build and test and implementation phases of the project
- Maintain the project Data Dictionary
- Produce and maintain analysis documentation in support to document sequence diagrams
- Communicate effectively with project stakeholder to report on progress against agreed deliverables and to highlight/escalate any issues or barriers to delivery
- Active contribution to project estimating, planning, business case development, risk/issue management and progress reporting
- Support business change activities where required, including training and preparation of user documentation
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.