Do you get energized while managing challenging projects and you like to be the one who drives fast paced transition and migration initiatives, while keeping our customer satisfactions to the maximum?
If these words resonate well to you then you may be the Cutover Manager we are looking for!
You will join a team of Delivery Execution professionals, formed by project managers and/or release managers. As a Cutover Manager, you are responsible for driving the exciting “last mile” phases of complex transformation projects and handling the business critical moment of the transition from the old system to the new one. Naturally, for complex projects, this work includes detailed planning starting since the early phase of the engagement, which culminates with the actual system cutover. You’ll work with Capgemini’s global delivery capabilities – teams could be located onsite, offshore or in other locations. You’ll utilize Agile and cutover management best practices to work effectively with top-tier Finnish companies.
Responsibilities in the role:
As a Cutover Manager, you will be a spider in the web and act as the key player managing the overall cutover project for the domain with close interactions with project manager, configuration teams and operation & infrastructure teams. You will also be the owner of cross-domain incidents and have the coordinator role working as a single point of contact towards business and IT. Depending on the size of project, you might even be coordinating a team of other people working in cutover planning and execution.
You will have an overall responsibility of the cutover process with dependencies to configuration management, test management, quality assurance, release management, IT delivery and decision-making stakeholders.
Your tasks in the role include, but are not limited to:
- Cutover project and strategy planning, including exception case planning.
- Detailed technical planning for cutover and exception cases.
- Evaluation and acquiring approval for the final deployment of a release.
- Execution and management of cutover activities.
- Execution and management of post-cutover activities.
- Planning and, as needed, execution of roll-back plans
Skills and Competences Required:
You need a project management background to be able to manage all the aspects related to the planning and execution of the cutover projects. Technical knowledge of one or more of the areas where cutover can be executed (SAP, banking systems, etc.) is appreciated.
Optimally your skillset would include one or several of the following:
- Project management experience using ITIL framework.
- Past experience in roles as cutover, roll-out, or deployment manager in complex production systems
- Experience and knowledge with SAP S/4Hana transition projects
- Experience in cutover of complex banking systems
- Relevant degree
As a person we hope you:
- Have fluent knowledge of English and Finnish languages, both spoken and written
- Are analytical with great project management and planning skills.
- Have great coordination skills with the ability to motivate and inspire the people you work with.
- Pay attention to details, with the ability to keep an overview to deliver your commitments and dependencies to others, maintaining the high-level view needed to manage the project till the end.
- Have great communication skills and are able to explain and break down high-level strategies into tactical and operational actions and secure delivery and close follow-up.
- Are willing to walk the extra mile to deliver outstanding cutover projects for all Capgemini customers
We offer you:
We offer an interesting working environment with our international team and challenging opportunities with leading client organizations. You will get an excellent opportunity to develop your competences supported by Capgemini’s career path model. We also offer you competitive compensation with balanced and flexible work-life.
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for, send us your CV (and perhaps even a short cover letter?) without further hesitation (however the latest by August 8th), and let’s find out if we’re a match! On July we’re on holiday but are prepared to move fast with potential candidates already in June.
For more information, you can contact Simone Leggio (+358504869494). Please note that Simone and the rest of the recruitment team are on holiday during July, so all requests and questions will be addressed in June and August.