Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
We are currently seeking a top performing Cosmos DB Graph Developer with hands on experience with Data or Analytics to join our successful Insights & Data Practice.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit and the successful consultants will be expected to travel.
The focus of your role
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Cosmos DB Graph Developer with technical and consulting skills, in the area of cloud, business intelligence, data warehousing, reporting and analytics.
The person will apply his / her Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. This person must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels. Some assignments are concerned with the architecture and design of solutions e.g. designing graph-based solutions to customer challenges.
This role will be responsible for the full systems development lifecycle from requirements gathering through implementation of various functional architecture solutions.
This person will work closely with our clients and must demonstrate individual technical and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables, are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. As a member of a project team, he / she will need to apply team management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
What you’ll do:
- Expertise in Cosmos DB Graph development
- Microservices, Event Driven Architecture, Azure API Management
- Application knowledge of Big Data platforms, e.g. Hadoop and Spark ecosystem
- Expertise in Unix, basic shell scripting, C#
- Experience with working in an Agile/Lean environments and DevOps tools for source code repository/branching, automated test and release, e.g., GIT, Nolio, Nexus, TeamCity
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or related subject
- Self-starter, flexible and comfortable in a dynamic and agile working environment
- Good presentation skills and communication skills of technical solutions
- Pragmatic, highly analytical mind set, comfortable maneuvering a high-dimensional problem space
- Detail oriented, reliable with good organizational skills and able to adhere to deadlines
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness
- Good stakeholder management skills and experience
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge in other Graph based technologies
- Experience with Serverless technologies (Azure Functions/ AWS Lambda)
- Proficient in a variety of database technologies, e.g. Hive, Impala, NoSQL, Oracle
- Experience using data visualisation tools such as PowerBI
- Ability to embrace and quickly learn new technologies and highly self-motivated with a confident “do the right thing” attitude.
- Some knowledge of machine learning (Regression, Clustering, Random Forests) and interest in growing / developing knowledge in the area
- Experience of the data solution development cycle from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation
- Experience of knowledge of complex graph-based solution issues and technologies
- Experience of working with industry models for insurance or banking
- Knowledge and understanding of how Big Data, Data Quality, Master Data Management is currently impacting the Financial Services sector
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com People matter, results count.