Job Description for Lead – employment and ethics
Capgemini India – Mumbai
The candidate must be a qualified lawyer, having Degree of Law (LL.B.) from a reputed university ( Certified CFE will be preferred, and should have a post qualification experience of at-least 8-9 years as an in-house counsel with a reputed organisation preferably in IT/ITES sector or any other corporate legal department or a nationally recognised law firm. The Candidate should have experience in employment laws, immigration and human resources related matters along with hands on experience in dealing with internal inquires/ investigation.
The job description includes:
1. As Lead – Employment,
- Responsible for handling of all labor and employment related matters in the Company.
- Providing advice and counsel to Human Resource professionals and other business partners in regular matter and strategic initiative for India region.
- Manage all labor related legal matters and generally assist in all other employment related matters which includes advising on the employee relations, on grievances and the records thereof, working with Litigation team and prepare for any disputes resulting therefrom.
- Advise and assist with Companywide policies relating to employee benefits.
2. As Lead – Ethics,
- Position will be responsible for all investigation under whistleblower mechanism of the Company.
- Preparing investigation plan and preparation of reports
- Ensuring that the recommendations are implemented
- Proactively review of process to identify potential gaps that may lead to fraud or any wrongdoing
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provides advise on labour and employment related matters, which may include, but not limited to, human resources issues, wage and hour law, workers’ compensation, unemployment and other state agency claims, labour relations, employee benefits, employment agreements and policy related issues and generally assists the General Counsel, and Human Resources Department.
· Identifies and assesses legal risks and opportunities within the labour and employment area and advises accordingly.
· Independently handles legal matters and projects ranging from basic to complex.
- Should be able to work independently and thoroughly research the issue, and analyse, organize and summarize the data into a well-written legal memorandum.
· Supervises, manages and evaluates outside counsel
- Educates clients and stakeholders on legal matters, policies and procedures.
- Establishes and maintains relationships, credibility and trust with clients, stakeholders, legal team members and other colleagues.
- Lead awareness and training sessions for the stakeholders
- Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time
- Able to travel at times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills within and across departments and externally and ability to lead a team
- Self-starter with good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness
- Attention to details and diligent
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and diligent
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in using of MS office including PowerPoint.
- A high level of comfort in using computers, web-based applications and performing internet
- Honest and trustworthy
- Sound work ethics
- Flexible approach