Who you’ll be working with:
As the digital innovation, consulting and transformation brand of the Capgemini Group, Capgemini Invent helps CxOs envision and build what’s next for their organizations. Located in more than 30 offices and 10 creative studios around the world, its 6,000+ strong team combines strategy, technology, data science and creative design with deep industry expertise and insights, to develop new digital solutions and business models of the future.
Capgemini Invent is an integral part of Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 220,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2019 global revenues of EUR 14.1 billion. People matter, results count.
Our Sector Transformation capability is part of our Energy and Utilities Sector. We bring to life what is next for our energy & utilities clients. We help create smarter businesses by reinventing their operational and business models, delivered through Digital and Data that ultimately leads to increasing revenue, productivity and reducing time to market. The Sector Transformation Business Analysis will drive the processes to create new solutions for our clients using leading techniques, combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Our work is focussed on the future of our clients, creating business value through newly designed solutions across the energy and utilities sector. Over the next few years all organisations will go through a period of dramatic change and we have an important role to play: customer experience, increased technology and new economic models are combined with more mature ways of working, developing a fast-paced changing environment where our clients need to transform themselves.
We are looking for people that are motivated and want to be part of the exciting change approaching this sector. To successfully join our team, you will be curious and interested in developing the future and will want to take pivotal roles in the change programmes to deliver it.
The focus of your role
Your role will be to engage with our clients to help develop new, innovative solutions and deliver benefits through the full range of transformation activities, in process change, digital solutions and systems integration. By enabling them to succeed you will help us maintain our position as the market leader in Digital Transformation consulting.
Who you’ll be working with (cont):
In particular you’ll be expected to analyse the client’s issues, by gathering, validating and analysing requirements, propose a range of potential solutions, help them select a solution which you may then help design, build and implement, all the while leveraging our digital expertise and knowledge of the latest technologies and business analysis approaches.
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for consultants with experience working with major energy and utility organisations as well as relevant non-sector experience. We have built a successful track record of improving organisation performance through deployment of leading-edge digital practices whilst delivering major business and operational model changes. Our consultants bring to bear vast industry experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of technology and a highly collaborative approach. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do:
You will help our clients design and develop solutions which digitise and optimise processes across the value chain, delivering sustainable, agile and digitally driven transformational solutions. You will form part of an experienced and flexible project delivery team, helping clients to realise benefits and transform processes, operations and behaviours which will lead to improved efficiency, improved customer experience and improved business outcomes. Key activities include:
• Work in a mixture of waterfall and Agile engagements across several markets and sectors
• Work as part of a team to understand and document project scope and objectives, facilitate workshops to define and prioritise requirements, agree outcomes and programme risks
• Document business requirements and help develop the business cases to support the proposed solution options
• Create As-Is and To-Be process maps and assess people, process, technology and customer impacts
• Create and support the development of workstream or project plans
• Lead and support workstream through to implementation
• Further advance your business analyst/consulting skills including client stakeholder relationship development
• Contribute the development of Capgemini’s business analysis capabilities bringing industry best practices and prior experience
What you’ll bring
You will have an analytical mind and are able to clearly communicate with all levels in an organisation. Prior consulting experience and/or familiarity with some of the relevant supporting technologies would be of benefit. You’ll have a passion for working collaboratively with our clients to drive efficiency and a culture of continuous improvement. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
• Previous experience in a Consulting or Business Analyst role is beneficial
• Experience of supporting the development and delivering solutions (in Financial Service/Public Sector/Utilities is beneficial)
• Working with business owners to capture and gain agreements on the business goals and objectives driving the need for the project, programme or workstream.
• Creating a pipeline of opportunities to help the organisation identify and realise tangible benefits.
• Planning the analysis approach for a project, programme or workstream. Identifies the deliverables needed and provides resource and milestone estimates.
• Understanding/some experience in the application of relevant tools and techniques: process mapping, Agile, Scrum, Lean techniques, business architecture, organisation design, organisation sizing, governance, role design, requirements management etc.
• Experience of using collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence is beneficial
• Analysing and presenting complex processes and data in a logical, structured and compelling manner
• Experience of project management methodologies – Prince, PMP, Agile or other waterfall and non-traditional systems
• Shares and encourages the share of expert knowledge with others.
• Experience in development and implementation of operating models and/or process redesign projects
• Experience and best practices in the application of relevant tools and techniques in process optimisation
• Capable of building and developing client relationships to ensure client satisfaction and identify opportunities for further engagements
• Understanding of Process Excellence techniques and Automation would also be advantageous
• Excellent presentation and articulation skills. You’ll demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions.
• Proven intellectual strength. You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent
• You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, resilient, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes-demanding project environment.
• You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage with a range of stakeholders
• You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop.
• You will be able to adjust positively to an environment that involves changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
• You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
• Ability to work within an integrated team environment in a fast paced, pressurised client environment.
• Brings a high degree of creativity to problem-solving.
- Has experience of generating and sharing expert knowledge and knowledge management tools including SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams.
Location & Salary:
Whilst you will have London, Manchester, or Glasgow as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-Invent.com/