Who you’ll be working with:
At Capgemini Invent we ideate and bring to life what’s next for our clients. By combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset, we work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges. Located in more than 30 offices and 25 creative studios around the world, we have a 7,000+ strong team.
As a globally renowned technology and digital leader, we have the responsibility, the ambition and the means to contribute to solving major societal questions that are shaping our future world. Invent for Society aims to value how social impact is part of the fabric of what we do.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini Invent, visit our Glassdoor page
An overview of the role:
We are a thought leader in the Consumer Products and Retail industry. During one of the most profound periods of disruption and transformation businesses we are able to partner with businesses and help them understand the issues, define solutions and steer them on the journey of transformation. We have a track record in delivery and our clients need results more than ever.
Within the UK, we are amongst the fastest growing and most successful Supply Chain consultancies, a testament to the tangible results that we continue to deliver with our clients. To continue this exciting growth, we are looking to recruit high calibre End to End Supply Chain Operations experts who can really make a difference for our Consumer Product and Retail clients.
Why this role?
First, and foremost, you will be responsible for designing and delivering innovative solutions for leading Retail and Consumer Products companies. You will draw on your knowledge to work collaboratively with Capgemini colleagues and our clients to support them in understanding challenges they face and develop and land solutions in their business. We are constantly developing our thinking around the changing face of consumer products and retail in a digitally enabled world, and you’ll be a key part of developing this thinking, making it a reality for our customers.
You’ll be a key member of the Supply Chain team which blends deep industry knowledge with practical consulting expertise; inventing what’s next for our clients. Working with fellow talented colleagues, you’ll transform every aspect of a clients’ operations to deliver sustained improvements across profitability, efficiency, quality and behavioural change. You’ll gain new skills which complement and improve your core expertise, enabling you to make a positive, lasting impact for Capgemini and our clients.
Generally, you’ll find yourself working in a multi-disciplinary team, designing and delivering solutions for our clients and supporting them to embed change in their business. No one project or day is the same and activities will vary, from strategic thinking sessions, to detailed project planning and analysis, as well as internal thought leadership and professional development.
You’ll bring extensive consumer products and/or retail experience gained through either operational and change leadership roles in industry, or through delivering major consulting assignments for blue-chip retail and CPG clients.
Demonstrable experience across a representative sample of the following:
- Professional experience of, and deep knowledge in distribution/ fulfilment operations, processes and efficiency drivers including one or more of the following areas:
- Order capture & processing
- Customer Service Centre Design & Management
- Fulfilment centre design & optimisation
- E-Commerce & B2B Order To Cash design and operation
- Route to Market Assessments and Design
- Fulfilment in different global CP markets including Modern and General Trade environments
- Inbound transportation
- Outbound warehouse operations, for both store and home delivery
- Last mile fulfilment
- Warehouse to store transportation
- Home delivery transport operations including working with parcel carriers
- Multi-temperature environments
- Multi-channel and omnichannel operations
- Logistics and network assessments
- Control Towers, analytics and insights
- Payment and invoice processing for the Consumer Products industry sector
- Sustainable solutions for logistics operations
- You’ll use data and analytics to drive decision making, implement new ways of working and change operational behaviours.
- You’ll have knowledge of how technology can be applied to deliver business value in the Supply Chain, and the technology development lifecycle from design through to implementation with supporting change management.
- You’ll have worked across the entire operation or part of, leading a cross functional team driving change.
- You demonstrate deep understanding of how distribution/ fulfilment operations impact the customer proposition as well as other areas of the business such as buying, retail & CPG operations.
- You can give worked examples of how automation can improve operational performance. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- You’ll bring a working knowledge of the planning and execution systems used in transport and warehouse & customer service operations. Implementation experience would also be advantageous.
- Knowledge of strategic network modelling tools will also be an advantage.
- You’ll be experienced in consultancy methods and approaches, learned through either working for a consulting organisation or via project implementation with a retail and/or CPG organisation.
- You will be able to demonstrate an active, well informed knowledge of the Retail and/or Consumer Products industry
- You have a passion and understanding for transformation in a digital world, with a thirst for thinking ‘what is next’.
- You are focussed on ensuring new solutions deliver sustainable results within supply chain operations
- You bring a solid track record of successful and profitable project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in our collaborative but sometimes demanding project environment.
- You have a passion for development, coaching others and improving performance.
- You identify business issues, developing possible solutions and taking those into client proposals; and have some experience in selling work to clients.
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently across all levels of Capgemini, client and 3rd party organisations.You demonstrate professionalism, flexibility and resilience – being able to adjust positively to situations that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You’re able to articulate your views on the future of Digital Fulfilment, and the retail & CPG sectors in general.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and creativity to deliver truly inventive solutions to our clients.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Learning and development:
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
We offer a remuneration package which includes flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances and a variable element dependent grade and on company and personal performance.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: https://www.capgemini.com/gb-en/service/invent/