Hybrid working, with occasional travel to our Manchester site.
The job on offer
As a Service Management Configuration Manager, you’ll oversee the entire Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) lifecycle of all Assets and Configuration Items (CIs) within a Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
This will involve following the prescribed lifecycle processes and procedures to ensure the registration, maintenance, and control of the CMDB and ensures the integrity and accuracy of the data within.
- Responsible for continuous enforcement of overall quality of the Data recorded in the CMDB
- To ensure that the CMDB records are complete and consistent so they reflect the knowledge present in the <Client> IT environment regarding the in-scope Services and CI’s.
- Polices the information in the CMDB against defined standards and escalates where standards are not being met to Data Owners
- Interprets through audits results and verification, exceptions in the CMDB Data and facilitates the resolution of these through the Data manager.
- To keep the Data quality standards and requirements documented and published to Data Owners.
- Responsible for liaising with the Service Owners with the goal of providing and reviewing service models and the associated relationships to supporting CI’s and making recommendations and corrections as required.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Strong leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of computer systems and IT infrastructure, integration, and architecture concepts.
- Experience in various analytical/reporting techniques supported by understanding of statistics and quality management concepts
- Ability to present at all levels, with meticulous attention to detail and strong customer communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop training material, schedule and facilitate training sessions for internal and external resources.
- ITIL v4 Foundation
Why is Capgemini unique
Capgemini offers the opportunity to shape your career path, based on your interests and ambitions. For example, if you want to become a ‘People Manager’ Connected Manager learning journey is there for you. If you want to become an ‘Architect’ our Global Architect Community offerings can help you get there.
Employee wellbeing is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support wellbeing we have trained ‘Mental Health Champions’ across each of our business areas. We have also invested in wellbeing apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.