Are you looking to use your creative thinking skills for a unique purpose? Do you have a thirst for learning and a passion for technology? Are you enthusiastic about delivering amazing collaborative events and leveraging the latest technology to IGNITE CHANGE within organisations?
Capgemini’s Accelerated Solutions Environment (ASE) is a world-class facilitation capability that enables our clients to address their most complex problems. We are looking for a curious and innovative Collaborative Designers to join our team of facilitators, designers and technologists.
If you are not sure what a Collaborative Designer is yet or whether you could be one, have no fear. As long as you are willing to get stuck in and contribute your own unique way of thinking then you will fit right in. In our experience, everybody brings new skills, perspectives and experiences, which enables us to continuously grow our capability.
You will be joining the UK ASE team made up of around 50 highly skilled individuals, co-located in two bespoke designed locations in London and Telford. We work to support Capgemini’s most important sales and delivery priorities through designing and delivering collaborative events that are focused on driving business outcomes.
From facilitating large groups of people to creating enriching experiences, the UK ASE team each bring a variety of skills that cover the facilitation spectrum. Collaborative methodologies, bespoke processes, and principles of co-creation are central to the way we work. It’s ok if you’re not familiar with these ways of working, we believe that discovering you don’t know something is the first step to knowing it.
We are a team of creative thinkers with an open, supportive culture that empowers individual and team growth.
Innovation and collaboration will be at the heart of everything you do. Every engagement you’re involved in will be different and delivered with a varying team of highly motivated and effective team members. Your days will be fast paced, requiring you to work closely with colleagues and clients to support the delivery of collaborative events that have a lasting business impact. There is an expectation that you will learn and contribute to all areas required to successfully run an event and gain a detailed and insightful understanding of the ASE methodology used to facilitate problem solving.
When not delivering events, you will have a focus on helping to run, maintain and innovate the ASE’s technical systems and technical infrastructure. You will support the education of the team in the digital technologies used. This includes audio/visual equipment, digital mobile devices, lighting, software, hardware and other ASE technical equipment.
In summary, we do not expect you to be a technical whizz! We are looking for someone with a combined passion for supporting collaborative events and a curious attitude towards technology – keen to explore innovative technical solutions which keep ASE event delivery at the cutting edge.
You may also get involved with supporting other ASE services, such as our visualisation service.
Using your unique creative skillset, you will be providing specialist support for collaborative workshops to ignite change in organisations. To enable this, you will learn and deliver through a variety of roles that are required to run a successful engagement. For example:
• Designing and setting a physical space to maximise productivity (digitally or physically)
• Selecting and staging the most impactful audio stimulus to create the right energy and environment for an event
• Ensuring the right information is showcased in a way which meets a variety of learning styles
• Drafting assignments by developing key questions that will drive the work done by participants
• Creating work products that co-ordinate event inputs and outputs and enable the work to live on
• Capturing the essence and content of conversations to enable insights to be recorded
As a technical specialist, you will be required to contribute to the digital user experience for ASE engagements. This may include things like:
• Researching innovative methods and cutting-edge technology to bring new ideas to the ASE that continually improve our way of working
• Being a point of contact that understands how our digital tools create unique user experiences and improve team productivity
• Working collaboratively with the ASE team by helping them understand the technology requirement
• Maintaining and troubleshooting technology used in our environment to ensure everything runs smoothly
Each of our Collaborative Designers has a uniquely valuable skillset. We’re looking for you to demonstrate:
• Three years (minimum) professional experience
• A willingness to think and work differently
• A creative, innovative and inquisitive approach to work – using information to generate new ideas
• Excellent listening, team working and communication skills
• An ability to work quickly in a changing environment, ensuring tight time schedules and deadlines are met to an appropriate standard
• Emerging leadership skills
• Flexibility to travel, work long hours during event days
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint and Excel
• A strong and demonstrable passion for current and emerging technology and digital trends
• An understanding of how various layers of information technology work together to shape the end user experience
Please also let us know if you have an interest or experience in:
• Video production, editing and animation
• Coding and software development
We strongly believe that everybody’s career path is different. We will proactively support your professional development and accelerated career progression – including opportunities to grow your capability and deliver. We work in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit, and although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and the cultural diversity that brings. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidatesregardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of 200,000 team members in over 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count.