A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, the Capgemini Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. A multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries, the Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion. People matter, results count. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com
Let’s talk about the team
Our Insights and Data team helps our clients make better business decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people. Due to continued growth within Capgemini’s Insights & Data practice we intend to recruit a Cloud Solution Architect with extensive experience in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) within a consulting environment. If you are already working in a consultancy role, or have excellent client-facing skills gained within large organizations, we would like to discuss our consultant opportunities with you.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Solution Architect – Cloud will design and implement modern architecture for a diverse set of customers and industries. As a thought leader, you’ll engage, educate and enable your clients’ resources on best practices for various cloud providers like GCP, AWS and Azure.
Key responsibilities include
- You will be responsible for providing technical leadership, gathering requirements, designing solutions, and overseeing the development and execution of large-scale data transformation projects using various cloud platforms specially GCP
- Collaborate with various technical stakeholders at client including architecture team, security team, network team and infrastructure team to define the architecture and technology selection
- Provide support to project manager through developing tasks, estimates, and dependencies to meet client expectations
- Work with various internal and client’s project team members including Data architect, developers and data analysts to assist with technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Identifies market trends in technology and methodologies for building cloud-based Big data and analytics solution
- Support the business development activities; shape and design solution architectures for a proposal; attending client meetings with the sales team
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Strong understanding of leading cloud platforms specially GCP (PaaS, IaaS) and experience in working with Hybrid model
- Experience on at least 1 sizeable GCP project as an Architect, preferably both migration and new setup leveraging services like Cloud BigQuery, Cloud Data Flow, Cloud Pub Sub, Cloud BigTable
- Must have experience in initial setup activities, including infrastructure setup like connectivity, security policies, configuration management, DevOps etc
- Knowledge of compute systems on Google Cloud (Compute Engine, App Engine, Container Engine)
- Knowledge of storage systems on Google Cloud (Objects, Files, RDBMS, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of security and IAM (Identity and Access Management) on GCP
- Knowledge of Stackdriver (Monitoring, Logging, Debugging and Tracing) on Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts like Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), DNS, CDN, Load Balancing and Auto Scaling
- Knowledge of billing and cost optimization on GCP
- GCP Solution Architecture certification is desirable but not imperative
- Ability to articulate/relate complex Technology material to a variety of different types of stakeholders
- Excellent social and communication skills, with a passion for mentoring and knowledge sharing
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Interested? Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of spades. We believe that every one of us is an architect of positive futures. We invite you to join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you’ll also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave; as well as discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping. Talk to us about working part-time or full time.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2019 Most Ethical Companies in the World (for the 7th year running!), our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty. As Social Innovators, we are committed to making a positive impact on the planet and our communities. Capgemini is a proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants must be legally entitled to work in the country the role is based out of, unless otherwise stated within the job advertisement. Proof of work entitlements and visa status will be required prior to and/or at time of offer. Successful applicants will be required to complete a security and reference checks prior to commencement of employment.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.