An overview of the role
You will take a hands-on role on our complex cloud implementations, working with a large array of licensed cloud vendor products, open source technology and DevOps tooling & capability. Focus will be on the detailed design and subsequent implementation of modern applications, digital experiences, DevOps capabilities and cloud-based integration.
You will operate as a senior developer and active member of agile development teams in delivering robust and usable solutions. There will be a particular focus on design/implementation of:
- Containerized development environments
- Automation with CI/CD
- Microservice development
- Additionally, there may be opportunities to build web and mobile applications
- You will evangelise on the significant and benefits of a Cloud Native/DevOps approach across the portfolio of technologies in which your specialisation resides, driving further capability within our team.
- You will be required to work with modern open-source and/or third-party solutions
- You will take personal responsibility for component’s technical delivery whilst working alongside SMEs from both the functional and technical teams to deliver solutions which meet the complex needs of our clients and are robust, scalable technical solutions.
- You will support the shaping of best practices and frameworks that can accelerate and improve the quality and efficiencies of our deliveries.
- You will share your knowledge and experience with colleagues as well as continuing to develop your own expertise with opportunities to progress into architect roles.
- You will stay up to date with market trend technologies & solutions and incorporate them (when/if applicable) into our solution frameworks.
- You will encourage innovation, inclusion, teamwork, self-organization and diversity.
Why this role?
This Cloud Native Developer role sits within the ERP & Cloud Solutions team. Cloud strategy and growth means that many new PaaS capabilities are no available which are creating a breadth of new opportunities with our clients to take their current IT systems to the digital & cloud market. API management, cloud-based integration, microservices and modern application frameworks are all at the heart of this digital transformation.
As one of the largest Independent Oracle Consulting Practices in the UK, Capgemini is at the forefront of delivering innovative solutions and we understand that core to our client’s requirements I the ability for our consultants to articulate leading-edge IT solutions to resolve their complex business and technical challenges. As such, we are looking for an experience and enthusiastic Cloud Native Developer to work amongst our team of highly skilled consultants to positively drive and enable our deliveries.
We recognise that the Cloud Native/Modern technology landscape spans an array of skillsets. Whilst the below outlines those key skills sets at a high level, it is not necessary that you have a background which contains experience in all that is listed. We are looking to expand our knowledgeable and versatile team, so, we would love to speak to you if your background is in Cloud-Native development, DevOps capabilities or in API/Microservices/User Interface development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to apply whilst collaborating with internal and customer teams.
- A proven track record of implementing cloud-native solutions, cloud application development and/or DevOps capabilities in agile settings.
- Implementation of Kubernetes & Docker capabilities
- Good knowledge of API management
- Further skills such as Istio, GraphQL Helm, Kafka, Test Driver/Behaviour Driven Development also welcomed
- Strong experience of using source code repositories and knowledge of git strategy/methodology & DevOps tooling to complement the implementation of robust CI/CD pipelines
- Full awareness and experience of end-to-end project delivery and the associated implementation methodologies (agile)
- Good communication skills and experience with distributed delivery (off-shore/on-shore project delivery)
- The ability to build productive relationships with clients and colleagues alike.
- Passion and a genuine interest for technology and enthusiasm to learn new technologies, products and methodologies.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Learning and development
There’s an endless amount to learn at Capgemini, and an endless number of ways to do so. So, you’ll also have unique training opportunities to take advantage of. Some of our consultants even have the chance to go to Les Fontaine (near Paris, France), where we host a conference. Outside of dedicated training, everyone makes time to help and support one another – collaboration is encouraged across all of our teams.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.