We're looking for a visionary Cloud Native Architect / Principal Engineer to join our fast growing Public Sector team. They will be responsible for defining and enabling the organisational strategy and approach to Cloud Native, focusing on culture, process, practices, and tools to increase the organisation’s ability and capability to deliver applications and services at high velocity and in a sustainable manner. They will understand key technologies in the Cloud Native domain and have experience in using these to deliver cloud native, large-scale nationally critical projects. They will have the ability to lead and influence the organisation’s overall Cloud Native strategy and approach, engaging effectively with cross functional teams, and senior stakeholders across the UK government to build supportable, sustainable and reliable services.
You’ll be working closely with our Public Sector Sales team as a Cloud Native subject matter expert, undertaking a key role to strengthen our digital capability and help expand our Public Sector digital footprint. The role will be focused on developing opportunities, supporting the sales & solutioning process and aiding the conversion of digital opportunities with both new and existing customers; as well as working with the delivery organisation to mobilise resources and advise on the delivery of the win. This will include providing thought leadership to our customers and within our organisation, as well as raising our profile within the digital and open source community.
Innovation is at the heart of all we do, which is why you’ll be utilising a variety of Open Source and proprietary cloud technologies to achieve the best possible outcomes.
• An ability to define a clear Vision and Strategy and to promote and advocate it’s adoption across a diverse range of stakeholders,
• A proven track-record in leading implementation of Cloud Native strategies and transformation at scale,
• An ability to lead from the front, inspiring and motivating others towards a common goal,
• Strong expertise in cloud native and virtualisation platforms (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, VMWare, etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Chef, Packer, Puppet, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, etc.).
• Solid understanding of the practical application of DevOps/SRE philosophy, Agile methods, Infrastructure as Code, and leading infrastructure and operations teams in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
• Experience in designing and architecting enterprise and/or web-scale hosting platforms with a focus on security
• Understanding of the issues our end users face and experience working with them to create robust, scalable, elegant, flexible and relevant solutions that truly transform industries
• Experience working directly with senior IT groups in an advisory role
• Experience working with CTO/CIO/COO to create technical strategies
• Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
• Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• An active interest / background in Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
• Experience in SDLP (software delivery lifecycle process), its optimisation and process enablement; Test automation and Service Virtualisation and Infrastructure and Application monitoring.
• A strong understanding of software development (Java, Python, Ruby) combined with expertise in design of on-prem/off-prem/hybrid architectures utilising modern technologies and approaches: API's Micro-services, Containers, PaaS, SaaS.
• Comfortable in leading and working across disciplines alongside client and other suppliers to create technical solutions or, where required able to define and communicate solutions alone and with minimal supervision.
• Enthusiastic about technology, and able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-moving environment, being able to assess and evaluate emerging concepts and apply them to a clients context,
• A strong presenter, who is able to communicate complex ideas and concepts, tailoring approaches to align to stakeholder of varying levels of technical ability
• Able to convey ideas and concepts in written form to support large scale bids and opportunities
If you have a passion for everything Cloud Native (DevOps / SRE / Cloud Architecture), love working in Public Sector and making a positive difference to the Country through delivering some of the most important digital transformations such as Future Borders, Digital Courts, Future Farming, Digital Defence, Digital Policing, Digital Transport.