Job Title: Cloud Infrastructure Architect.
Location: NC , Charlotte
Travel/Relocation: until covid restrictions are lifted will work remote and later may be expected to relocate.
This role must have good technical abilities in infrastructure & solutions architecture experience in digital, data center and cloud transformational initiatives. Understands business needs to architect, develop and implement enterprise solutions that solve customer enterprise problems. Stays abreast of emerging technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities
-Identify and analyze technology trends and develop adoption roadmap. Provide thought and technical leadership; proactively identifying transformation opportunities in datacenter and cloud technologies
-Bridge gap between business needs and technological solutions; demonstrate an ability to draw on both business and technical expertise; establish a high level trust in technical professionals.
-Define and maintain the appropriate architecture frameworks, processes, standards and tools are in place for delivery success. Sell the benefits of Enterprise Architecture to business and IT stakeholders.
-Ability to conduct BCP and DR assessments. Identify gap and create a roadmap.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field equivalent
• Available to travel when required
• Overall 10+ years of relevant work experience with hands on technical implementation experience of IT infrastructure projects
• 6 years of experience in leading data center transformation initiative as an infrastructure architect. Should have managed over at least 4 large scale IT transformation programs for Enterprises.
• 3+ years of experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
• 3+ years of experience performing Enterprise assessments
• Excellent understanding on infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, dev/ops, as well as, the operational tools and processes to leverage to manage over the infrastructure.
• Possesses excellent knowledge and experiences of various IT Infrastructure technologies (Cloud, Data Center automation, Containers, DevOps, Cross Functional Services like Tools & processes, Network and Security, Databases, Middleware, and Disaster recovery, Data Center/Cloud migrations etc.,)
• Working experience on public cloud platforms (IaaS, PaaS)
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks
• Excellent presentation, business, analytical, problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
• Excellent ability to elicit customer requirements, define limits to project scope and develop / review / approve Statement of works
• Exposure working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
• TOGAF certification
• Advanced project management certification (i.e., PMP)
• Advanced technical certifications in multiple technologies from DC automation, artificial intelligence, Dev/Ops, compute, storage, network DB, and security.
• Advance certification in ITIL and minimum 4 year university degree.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.