The Cloud Engineer role sits with the Capgemini Cloud & Edge Projects and Consulting Practice – this practice is primarily responsible for providing client centric Cloud, End User/Productivity and IoT services. It provides a variety of client services, which range from initial strategic advice right through to project delivery. It is undergoing significant growth due to an ever increasing client demand, and so is looking to further bolster its Engineering group by recruiting experienced Cloud Architects, Engineers & Specialists.
The focus of your role
The purpose of the role is to assist Clients in adopting and exploiting Cloud Platform automation and engineering. The successful applicant will have a wealth of experience in designing and implementing technical capabilities and tools as part of platform engineering practices into organisations from greenfield; and delivering Projects which make use of these. They should be able to engage at any point in the project lifecycle, from initial client strategy discussions right through to automated delivery and management of platform environments for self-service use by Cloud native projects leveraging DevOps.
This role will be part of a community of similarly skilled Cloud engineers and drive standardisation, policies and best practice across all platform engineering engagements within Sweden. You’ll lead and work on cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable platform services using both open source and vendor provided technologies.
What you’ll do
The Cloud Engineer is an emerging role within the Capgemini Cloud & Edge practice and this job fits at the experienced level within this role. Our Clients have ambitions to deliver IT services faster and more efficiently in response to the ever-changing competitive landscape, and our Platform engineers will help them do so.
In this role the Cloud Engineer will engage closely with Architects, clients, partners and other business units to design and implement innovative and competitive solutions across Cloud for our clients.
You’ll help us achieve our vision – the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within our Swedish clients. You’ll get opportunities to develop and progress – working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments including online training platforms and the Capgemini University. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognized certification and much, much more.
Preference will be given to candidates with some design awareness as well as the requisite technical knowledge & expertise.
Candidates will need to be very enthusiastic, evangelical about technology, hands on and self-motivated with ability to work with very limited supervision. They will often be required to work in pressurized situations, but with an expectation of always deliver high quality solutions to clients.
What you’ll bring
- Strong hands on experience of Google, AWS and/or Azure platform features and capabilities, ideally with vendor certifications
- Strong hands on expertise with Kubernetes and Docker Containers
- Strong hands on automation and orchestration tooling experience with tools such as Packer, Terraform, Cloud Formation
- Good awareness and expertise in Core Cloud Networking and load balancing
- Expert hands on exposure and understanding of automated build pipeline, continuous integration and continuous deployment – and strong experience of implementing tools that underpin these practices
- Good command line skills in at least one of the following Go, Ruby, Python..
- Experience of Linux
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts, aspects and tools
- Demonstrable experience of delivering in Agile environments
- Strong client-facing skills
- Excellent English communication capabilities, both written and verbal
- Must be fully flexible and mobile across the Sweden for extended periods
- Deep knowledge of several platform tooling technologies, such as:
Collaboration Tools: Confluence, Jira, Slack
Container Technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift
Multi-Node Configuration Tools: Puppet, Saltstack, Ansible
Administration and Scripting: Python, Go, Powershell, Bash, Ruby, JSON
Orchestration & Automation Tools: Terraform, Cloud Formation, Packer
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, GoCD
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Zabbix, SiteScope
Automation Testing tools: Selenium, JMeter
Other Desirable Skills
- DevSecOps experience with tools such as Twistlock, Aqua
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain such clearance is preferred but not mandatory
- Knowledge of other Cloud platforms such as Google, Softlayer, etc
- Strong knowledge of general IT Infrastructure topics / components, such as:
- Server Platforms
- Private Cloud and Virtualisation
- Security (e.g. Identity, Encryption, PKI)
- Some knowledge of software development processes and application Architectures