Who are we?
Cloud and Edge is a projects and IT consulting arm of the larger CIS (Cloud Infra Svcs) BU in Capgemini.
Platform Engineering (PE) is a niche team of a perfect blend of technocrats including seasoned solution architects bringing in their best of abilities. The team is responsible for creating innovative multi-cloud solutions on hyperscalars namely – AWS, Azure, GCP from ground zero. We have expertise in building DevOps, containerization, Kubernetes, Serverless, PaaS, Monitoring and Observability solutions by leveraging CI/CD best-practices.
We focus on solving complex business problems in infrastructure domain ranging from foundation to next generation, bleeding edge technologies for Capgemini customers. We are cloud-agnostic, tool-agnostic, technology-agnostic and are game for any idea that challenges the status-quo.
Our vast hands-on real time experience on various technologies and capability to solve unique challenges for our clients set us apart from the league.
Why should you join our team?
- If you aim to be a “Full Stack Infrastructure Engineer”, on any cloud or platform. While you will still excel in your core skill.
- If you want to be a part of next big change, instead of being a witness.
- If you are the one who can challenge the established ways of working.
- If you seek to ‘innovate and operate’ as a single team.
- If you are looking to work in an agile, outcome driven organisation, not just limited to metrics and numbers.
What we think you ‘should’ know:
- Experience with at least one of IaaS cloud providers: AWS, Azure, Google, Softlayer, OpenStack
- Hands on experience with *NIX operating system flavors’ (Redhat, Ubuntu, Suse and UNIX)
- A good grasp of internet and networking elements such as TCP/IP, HTTP and DNS, routing, switching, firewall etc.
- Must have an understanding low level Linux operating systems concepts, kernel, block device, memory management, drivers, syslog.
- Experience with Linux Kernel level troubleshooting.
- Experience with at least one configuration management tool (Ansible, Puppet, Chef).
- Beginner to Intermediate level shell scripting.
What you ‘must’ have:
- Hands on experience with delivering 2-3 cloud build projects/engagements
- Expert/Professional level Certification on at least one public cloud provider (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Your roles and Responsibilities
- Azure/AWS Infrastructure SME should have a minimum experience level of 5 – 7 years, with evidence of exposure to Azure/AWS logical constructs such as Enterprise enrolments, Subscriptions, and Resource Groups
- Azure/AWS Infrastructure (network, compute, storage, availability designs) deployment projects during this time
- Deploying Enterprise solutions of varying complexity on Azure/AWS cloud platforms in 1 or more regions
- Azure/AWS integration aspects for hybrid solutions such as WAN networking, ExpressRoute, VPN, B2B, B2C, Active Directory, etc.
- Knowledge of cloud-native and 3rd party tools for management, monitoring security and automation
- Automation and orchestration tools knowledge such as ARM, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible, etc, as well as scripting skills such as PowerShell, JSON, YAML,
- Detailed design document writing at a suitable standard for medium complexity and higher projects
- Change management aspects and service management knowledge,
- Completing testing programs, checks and procedures, hand over to production etc.
- Experience of upgrades, consolidation, and new deployments.
- Azure fundamentals/AWS associate certification as a minimum
- Knowledge and Certification on one or more other cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, OCI) is desirable