Any UK Base
Overview of the role
As a Cloud Database subject matter expert, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects:
• Private Public & Hybrid Cloud database solutions– architecting, designing, building and testing new and existing Database capabilities. We work on large and complex projects, that requires collaboration with peers from multiple technology domains (network, compute, monitoring & security).
• Work across technologies – While we have a strong focus on moving towards Platform as a Service (PaaS) database technologies, we aim to deliver services that meet client needs that can involve transforming existing database technologies and developing bespoke solutions using industry standard and opensource technologies
• Database migration, automation, consolidation and transformation programmes
Working in Capgemini’s Cloud and Infrastructure Service as a Cloud DBA, you will be working in an environment that:
• Partners closely with all the major hyperscale Cloud providers
• Enables our customer’s to leverage the right cloud database capabilities and develop bimodal operating models
• Fosters a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners and other business units to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions / projects for new and existing clients
• Operates at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery of transformation projects
• Provides hands-on experience working with the latest database technologies and Cloud platforms
Why this role?
The type of client Capgemini work with is wide and diverse in their nature, but here are a few examples of the type of work we do using Cloud Database technologies.
Finance: Move desired to move away from large SQL clusters, Data Warehouse and integration services to become more agile utilising Azure PaaS services e.g. Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Factory and Data Lake.
Automotive: Client wanted to move away from a proprietary database solution that was costing them a lot of money. Together with our India based Data Migration Factory, we developed an approach to migrate the data to a new PostgreSQL solution.
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that cloud database technologies are having on the market and the need to utilise and develop their Cloud Database skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
• Passion for delivering innovative secure Cloud based SQL solutions (e.g. Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Lake)
• Integration and analysis skills (e.g. Data Factory, Analysis Services or Spotlight)
• Tooling skills for the maintenance, consolidation and migration of database workloads
• Strong documentation/presentation & consulting skills; able to articulate an approach in design artifacts
• Have an understanding of the benefits and obstacles in moving alternative database solutions whether they be proprietary or Opensource (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB)
• Able to understand the need to secure data and able to demonstrate their use of encryption/delegation of admin/penetration testing
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
See what it’s like to work at Capgemini.
Visit: https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm