Any UK Base
The job on offer
As a Cloud Database subject matter expert, you’ll be working in an environment that partners closely with all the major hyperscale Cloud providers, fosters a collaborative working environment with clients, vendors, partners alike to develop and execute innovative and competitive solutions for new and existing clients whilst still getting hands-on experience working with the latest databse technologies and Cloud platforms.
You’ll have a pivotal role in our cloud transformation projects, responsibilities could include:
- Private Public & Hybrid Cloud database solutioning– architecting, designing, building and testing new and existing Database capabilities.
- Working on large and complex projects, that requires collaboration with peers from multiple technology domains
- Working across technologies – not just PaaS database technologies, we aim to deliver services that meet client needs that can involve transforming existing database technologies and developing bespoke solutions using opensource technologies
- Database migration, automation, consolidation and transformation programmes
- Operating at any point in the project lifecycle, from proposal creation through to the delivery
Some examples of recent projects we’ve worked on using Cloud Database technologies are
- For a Finance client – we helped them move away from large SQL clusters, data warehouses and integration services to become more agile utilising Azure PaaS services
- For an Automotive client – we moved them from a proprietary database solution that was costing lots of money to a new PostgreSQL solution that was developed together with our India based Data Migration Factory
If you are the type of individual who understands the difference that cloud database technologies are having on the market and have the need to utilise and develop your Cloud Database skills further, then this role could be right for you.
So, what kind of skills and qualities are we looking for?
- Passion for delivering innovative secure Cloud based SQL solutions; Azure SQL, Managed Instances, Data Lake
- Integration and analysis skills; Data Factory, Analysis Services or Spotlight
- Tooling skills for the maintenance, consolidation and migration of database workloads
- Strong documentation/presentation & consulting skills; able to articulate an approach in design artifacts
- Understand the benefits and obstacles in moving alternative database solutions whether they be proprietary or Opensource
- Able to understand the need to secure data and able to demonstrate their use of encryption/delegation of admin/penetration testing
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com