The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
We’re looking for an Executive to join us at Vice President level to establish and lead the APAC Cloud Centre of Excellence (CoE) from Australia as part of our growing Cloud Infrastructure Services (CIS) Global Business Line.
CIS provides client advisory services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management. We partner with clients developing their cloud strategy, migrations to the cloud, implementing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), cloud-native applications (PaaS), Edge computing as well as realising the benefits of the vast amounts of data they have access to.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
The Cloud CoE Vice President could be Melbourne or Sydney based and is part of a global, matrix organisation with an on-shore and off-shore service delivery model. You will be consulting with C-level client stakeholders to then architect and curate solutions to their business challenges or to help them meet and exceed their strategic business goals.
With deep experience in Sales, Pre-Sales and Solutions Architecture within the cloud ecosystem, you are connected to an extensive network of thought leaders and subject matter experts with similar expertise, including alliance partners, vendors and specialists. In this ‘hands-on’ role you will transform, grow, develop and lead a strong Cloud sales and solutioning team; drive sales growth and personally engage early on deal shaping and solutioning of major, strategic opportunities.
- Trusted technical advisor to CIO and other C-level stakeholders
- Understand client business ‘hot spots’ and required outcomes as part of a bid process
- Assist clients with building their business case
- Apply your expertise in commercially structuring deals which differentiate Capgemini from the competition and encourage continuous service improvement, deliver transformation and value for the client
- Experienced Applications Architect
- Consulting & Services experience
- Curate the appropriate bespoke or standard solution for the client from a suite of options (not limited to one proprietary product offering)
- Greenfield opportunity to work with clients to build their architecture and technology from scratch
- Ownership of resource planning and talent acquisition for correctly sized team to meet the new business pipeline
- Drive continuous L&D / certifications in Public, Private, Hybrid cloud and Cyber Security offerings
- Managing a direct team of 8 including Enterprise Architects, Cloud & Data Architects located in Australia, India & South East Asia and a larger indirect globally dispersed team of subject matter experts and Graduates
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrable track record of consulting and advising on Enterprise, large-scale cloud transformation journeys with ‘C-Level’ stakeholders, both internally and externally
- You have led, coached and developed solutions for $multi-million Total Contract Value (TCV) cloud infrastructure deals
- Cross-sector experience including Banking & Financial Services, Public Sector, Consumer Products, Retail, Engineering Telco, Utilities, Engineering, Transport / Distribution
- Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform or AWS experience
- Personal interest in macro-economic and other global factors influencing business
- Fluent understanding of contemporary technologies and trends including Machine Learning (ML), Cloud, Digital, Analytics as well as legacy technologies
- Pre-Sales solutioning experience of outsourcing, workload migration to the cloud or data centre migrations / consolidations
- Proven successful leadership of large on-shore & off-shore teams in a global, matrix operating model
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.