We have a unique opportunity for someone to work in consulting and join our Cloud Foundation Services Practice. The successful consultant will have the opportunity to shadow exisiting consultants working on live projects and also get the opportunity to train in Cloud technologies and experience our AIE centre and applied innovation labs.
This is a permanent requirement within our Financial Services Business Unit based in London however all successful consultants will be expected to travel.
We are looking to recruit a number of Cloud Associate Consultants into our Cloud Foundation Services Practice, based in London. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience working in financial services market and have an interest in Cloud technologies. These roles represent a unique opportunity to build your career as a Cloud Consultant and gain further exposure to some of the UKs top banking & Insurance institutions.
The range of Activities that our Cloud Associate Consultant will get involved with are extensive and include;
- Experience working in cross functional agile teams using tools such as Trello, GitHub and Slack
- Experience of developing and deploying microservices or cloud native apps to one or more of the major cloud vendors (e.g. AWS / Azure / GCE -GKE / IBM Bluemix)
- Using CI and CD tooling like Jenkins, Wercker, Circle CI or Travis Desirable
- Experience of cloud native and server less frameworks, services and tooling – e.g. AWS lambda, server less framework, firebase, auth0, google/azure cloud functions, Docker and kubernetes
- Mobile app development experience using react native experience working in emerging technology areas such as AI, Blockchain or IoT
- Support on implementing exiting Cloud projects
- Systems Thinking – the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking)
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Excellent communication skills – preparation and delivery of presentations and reports
- Basic project planning experience
- Ability to work independently and without supervision
- Cross Vertical Expertise – subject matter expertise in financial services, internet, retail, government/federal, telecom, etc. Any or all of the above will be a plus
- Own defining and designing the appropriate cloud architecture for applications and platforms; meaning, need to be able to assess an app, determine appropriate cloud pattern, define the to-be app architecture, cloud provisioning spec and design the cloud platform architecture…ensuring right security, performance, availability, scalability and cloud services/features are designed and implemented
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organisation, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Rightshore® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, disability, family or care responsibilities, gender and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, caste, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sexual orientation, social or educational background. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Please let us know if you consider yourself to have a disability that requires an adjustment to help facilitate your application, interview or the joining process.
We would like to retain your details for approximately 24 months, in case any suitable positions arise during that time. However, if you would prefer us not to, please let us know.