UK Wide, Mobility Required, Part time possible
Who you’ll be working with
In Business Technology Solutions (BTS) we specialise in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programmes, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Architects’ capability within BTS is a growing team of 130 people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the architecture team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles.
The focus of your role
The role of the Cloud Architect is to: –
- Act as a subject matter expert on AWS, Azure and GCP architecture and design.
- Specialise in Devops, Automation, Cloud Integration, Cloud Security, Cloud Native Development or Cloud Service Management
- Lead and deliver client engagements helping them to adopt public cloud to transform their application portfolio
- Work with other Capgemini teams to support and deliver large outsourcing and transformation programmes
- Delivering hands on engineering, technical solutions and mentoring to junior solutions architects
You will be the custodian of the technical integrity of a client’s project or programme. You will be the “go to” person for any technical issues, and will draw on the huge body of knowledge within Capgemini to address them.
What you’ll do
- Actively working with clients on cloud strategies, designs and delivery programmes for innovative technical solutions
- Help clients rationalise, optimise and migrate their application estates to public or hybrid cloud
- Work in an agile manner to deliver “just enough architecture” to support technical initiatives
- Work in a team of likeminded cloud architects, helping clients adopt cloud architecture patterns and promote team practices across Capgemini
- Provide Technical leadership across all areas of the enterprise, to ensure delivery of exceptional technical solutions
- Participating in bid workshops, recommending solutions, presenting proposed solutions to prospective clients and contributing content to proposals
What you’ll bring
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large Enterprises / Technology Vendors / ISVs / Service Providers
- Experience of building or running distributed / scalable solutions on a major public cloud platform.
- AWS/AZURE/GCP expertise gained from production application deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; excellent presentation and facilitation skills;
- Ability to prepare elements of sales proposals to represent Capgemini’s expertise, points-of-view and approaches.
- A structured approach to architectural design with knowledge of TOGAF, Zackman, IAF, or Archimate
- Knowledge across as many of these technologies/skills as possible:
- Linux and/or Windows systems engineering.
- Configuration Management with Ansible, Chef or Puppet.
- Infrastructure as Code with Terraform, Packer, CloudFormation and ARM.
- Containerisation with Docker or Kubernetes.
- Java, Python or similar programming experience
What we’ll offer you
Professional development and accelerated career progression in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini is proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and its cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. Capgemini views diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone, so we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Find out more and apply