The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team
CIS provides client advisory services in Hybrid Cloud, Workplace Services, Security, Service Desk and Service Management. We partner with clients developing their cloud strategy, migrations to the cloud, implementing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), cloud-native applications (PaaS), Edge computing as well as realising the benefits of the vast amounts of data they have access to.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
We’re looking for a Cloud Architect to join us at Senior Manager level to support the development and growth of the APAC Cloud Centre of Excellence (CoE), this role can be based out of either Sydney or Melbourne. You’ll have experience delivering enterprise Cloud Infrastructure projects as you’ll own and be responsible for aspects of design, as well as provide technical leadership including team management.
- Architecting, designing, building and testing new cloud solutions on Public & Hybrid Clouds
- Planning and supporting cloud migrations activities for applications, data and workloads, infrastructure consolidation and transformation programmes
- Managing and developing relationships with clients, acting as a trusted advisor on cloud transformation
- Contributing to application discovery and dependency mapping for project delivery planning
- Leading and managing project delivery, mentoring and supporting junior team members, as required
- Program and project governance for cloud services
- Working with Account Executive to identify opportunities to expand Capgemini’s client footprint and/or project work
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Cloud architect certification on one of the following is a must; GCP, Azure and AWS platforms
- Evidence of exposure to Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure projects with knowledge of:
- Cloud Adoption Framework and related tools
- Cloud integration aspects for hybrid solutions
- Cloud hybrid solutions; Cloud Interconnect, Cloud VPN, Anthos, Hybrid Identity scenarios
- Cloud-native and 3rd party tools for management, monitoring security and automation
- Proven track record in providing design and consultancy covering cloud infrastructure, availability, security, scalability, operability and extensibility
- Exposure to cloud governance, billing and optimisation, and target operating models
- Experience of upgrades, consolidation as well as new deployments
- Good working knowledge of processes and procedures (Delivery, ITIL, Agile)
- Ability to manage and control technical risks and work with assumptions
- Ability to create architectural documentation
- Knowledge on various cloud service platforms like Iaas, Paas, SaaS – desirable
- Core consulting toolkit:
- Strong Communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Team player but capable of working independently where required
- Ability to converse with various stakeholders at different levels
- Excellent presentation, proposal/RFP and customer presentations skills.
- Knowledge of various portfolio of offerings
- Have the mindset to challenge where appropriate and discuss decision points
- Completely flexible and mobile to travel globally, as required.
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.