The job on offer
Ever wondered what it’s like to work at a start-up? Or what it’s like to work at a product company? Interested in experiencing the global nature of Capgemini first-hand from your desk? Or having the opportunity to travel to places like the USA, Sweden, Germany, Poland, Ireland, France, India, China etc, like others on our team did pre-Covid?
If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes!” then an opportunity within the Capgemini Cloud Infrastructure team may be for you.
Our primary goal is to build and sell a portfolio of ready-2-go cloud native solutions to Capgemini clients around the globe. We rely heavily on our technical excellence and being ahead of the market but have allied this with a fantastic commercial, marketing, pre-sales, consultancy and operations team that all good start-ups require. Our goal is not solving a specific problem for one client, but creating polished solutions that work as an integrated whole for the benefit of lots of customers in the following technical fields:
• Containerisation/Serverless including functions, Kubernetes and DevSecOps tooling
• API Management, Microservices, Messaging & Event-Driven Architecture
• Cloud Native Solutions
• Identity & Access Management
• Application Lifecycle Management & DevSecOps
• Contact Centres
Due to ongoing success, we are looking to recruit Cloud Architects who are hands-on, energetic and enthusiastic to join our like-minded team of engineers.
Our solutions need to run in multiple cloud environments. To date we have delivered and run platforms on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and AWS China. Our cloud infrastructure solutions major on Cloud Native and Open Source but we also have a few key strategic partnerships with commercial software companies.
The primary role will be to understand the market, influence the roadmap and then design new and existing Cloud Native solutions with a strong focus on security, quality and DevSecOps practices, following by development and operational technical leadership, governance and support. You will be fostering good relationships with clients and internal Capgemini teams to help them define their strategic direction, understand requirements and design the best-value solution, all while evangelising cloud infrastructure solutions. You will present solutions, contribute to compelling proposals and support commercial and legal activities.
New features planned in the near term include strengthening our Kubernetes and OpenShift offerings with additional add-ons around Runtime Security, HashiCorp Vault as a Service, Stateful Payload Replication, Managed Kafka and Service Mesh.
Short-term, occasional travel throughout the UK and internationally may be required, including spending time on client sites working on projects and/or promoting cloud infrastructure, mixed with developing cloud infrastructure solutions at your base location and working internally with the cloud infrastructure team. A blend of remote and office working is a possibility for this role.
• Bright, curious, entrepreneurial person who takes initiative and is willing to learn
• Passion to be a part of a cutting-edge team that challenges the status quo
• Good understanding of cloud architecture and interest in applying this to a multi-client environment.
• Good understanding of hyperscaler services.
• A can-do attitude and team player, someone who will do what it takes to deliver a great service
• Good communicator, Ability to influence and coach others, Excellent team working skills, good client facing skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy
• A product-based mindset.
• Good presentation skills and the ability to take people on a journey.
• Commercial awareness.
• Exposure to working with multiple teams within Capgemini
• Able to prioritise and respond to a multitude of requests in parallel
• Interest in picking up a real technical understanding of the product
• Experience of Rightshore.
• Identifying and managing technical risk and non-functional requirements
• AWS or Azure architecture certifications
• Experience of cloud architecture in an Agile environment i.e. Just In Time Architecture.
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com