Any UK Location
Security Clearance Requirement: SC Cleared or Clearable
An Overview of the Role
The Content Services practice within the Insights and Data business unit of Capgemini is a global practice covering a broad range of business and IT focused topics from Information Strategy assessment, business case development and agenda-based selection of new systems, rapid ECM Health Check and implementation of content service platforms.
As a CLM Architect, you will have a capability-focus, being purpose led, with strong customer facing experience who can interact with procurement and contract managers to support the decomposition and interpretation of complex contracts, into clauses, obligations and renewals. Digitally transforming and streamlining contract management processes, you will analyse, enhance and automate key aspects of the customers contract lifecycle.
The role will be highly customer focused with a responsibility for building highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, working closely with Capgemini’s customers to review business processes, lead workshops to gather business requirements, design prototypes, build proof of concepts, and contribute to Solution Designs.
You’ll work as part of client engagements, partnering with our client’s business on their strategic initiatives to define their future strategic direction for their Contracts platform. With a background in document and content management you will provide strategy and advisory services to clients looking to change the culture, platforms and architectures used in supporting their Digital Workplace. The role will require good technical skills, allied with strong communication skills and be able to understand the business needs quickly.
- Experience in a similar role for a high growth multinational digital business or tier 1 consultancy with experience in successful software project implementations relating to CLM.
- Ability to introduce innovative approaches that can be used to improve performance, reduce costs and increase quality.
- Collaborate with customers to prepare & manage objectives, scope, project plan, timeline, budget, & resource plan, for CLM projects.
- Ability to define, manage, and implement a strategic CPQ and CLM roadmap for multinational organisations.
- Experience of architecting CLM solutions to provide customers with operational insights, in support of proactive decision making based upon AI and machine learning.
- Supporting clients with the development of a business architecture for CLM and to create a strategic plan for feature and tool utilization.
- Ability to drive the blue printing phase for CLM, possessing strong knowledge of key finance, procurement, and contract lifecycle processes across the procure to pay life cycle.
- Strong contract and commercial management experience, including a comprehensive understanding of contracts and contractual language.
- Experience integrating CLM platforms with ERP and CRM systems including Salesforce and SAP
- Knowledge of e-Signature platforms such as Adobe Sign, DocuSign
- Prior experience working with best in class CLM providers including; Icertis, DocuSign SpringCM, DocuSign Seal, Apttus, OpenText CLM, Sirion Labs, SAP Ariba or Oracle CLM.
- Experience defining and configuring analytics within CLM tools, to monitor and track suppliers’ performance against contractual deliverables and obligations..
- An understanding of information governance and ECM technologies, with knowledge and practical experience of delivering projects using one or more of the following technologies:
- SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2019
- OpenText xECM
- Ability to create process maps, workflows and/or other business models to help demonstrate solutions.
- Ability to define data migration and transformation rules.
- Conduct CLM customer interviews and surveys to understand opportunities and challenge
- Be recognised as a functional SME in the Contract Lifecyle Management domain, being capable of evangelizing and driving awareness with clients.
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm