Job Title: : Sr CCM Quadient Inspire Or Lead
Location: Charlotte NC / Remote
- Participate in requirements gather for strategic initiatives Consults and provides recommended Quadient Inspire solutions at customer sites.
- Drives the installation and configuration of Quadient Inspire products on customer sites
- Mentors team members on product knowledge Works with appropriate team members to achieve successful project completion Interfaces with client in professional manner.
- Leads initiative in learning the application of Quadient Inspire products in vertical market space.
- Provide technical input in completing proposals SOWs and contracts Work on multiple projects concurrently to meet and exceed customer requests Recommend best practises and standards for integration of systems develop target solution roadmaps Desired Skills.
- Experience 2 to 8 years in designing developing and implementing CCM applications.
- 5 years of experience in Quadient Inspire Solution Advanced Quadient certification recommended.
- Advanced functional knowledge of document creation and delivery processes e g data acquisition formatting print electronic delivery archival imaging fulfilment processes Logical and analytical problem solving skills Excellent client delivery approach with a Can do will do attitude.
- Experience in Advanced Inspire modules like Interactive Scalar Knowledge of other CCM tools Opentext Stream Serve Exstream is a plus Strong experience in Inspire CM
- Automation with good awareness of Quadient versioning integration and deployments aspects Good experience in Java programming SQL Groovy and or similar scripting languages.
- Good experience in Agile software development knowledge of DevOps practices and CI CD pipelines is a plus Unix Shell Scripting skills Databases SQL Server DB2 Oracle.
- Application Servers JBOSS WebLogic WebSphere Desirable Content Management experience in Weblogic Websphere Filenet Documentum
- Experience leading large complex corporate projects involving policy development statements or regulatory documents Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of enterprise.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.