At Capgemini Portugal, we are looking for a Category Manager responsible for transforming the category for the country Portugal in line with the global category strategy and in bringing a step change in savings/value (e.g., quality, service, total vendor value) improvements by working together with the local operations to deliver the projects and actions as agreed. The Category Manager supports the business to increase their revenue and GOP.
The Category Manager will be part of the South Europe Indirect team, covering France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
We have a young, fun and dynamic team where you would fit right in!
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Management, Economics or similars;
- 5-10 years of experience within a leading-edge company recognized for its purchasing excellence;
- Personal will ideally have experience across: Real Estate, Facilities Management, Employee Benefits. Marketing & Communication, Meetings & Events is a plus;
- Multi category experience, risk management, strategic sourcing and proven ability to work in a logical and thorough way with ability to pay attention to details;
- A track record of developing category plans and the associated achievement of cost savings;
- Ability to demonstrate innovative solutions to complicated purchasing initiatives, in a fast moving and demanding environment.
- Travel to Europe may be required;
- Native speaker in Portuguese and business fluent in English.
- Looking for experienced and committed individual who can supervise and develop a country category portfolio as well as contributing to some European initiatives.
- Build and strengthen intimacy with internal stakeholders (such as Real Estate Department, HR, Finance…).
- Drive and implement global procurement strategies for the following Indirects categories: Real Estate, Facility Services, Employee Benefits and MarCom, Meeting and Events.
- Ensure that the optimal balance between value for money and cost savings is achieved, while ensuring quality and excellent customer service for Capgemini in your country.
- Enforce the Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) priorities as well as Ethics and Compliance Policies of the Group on all sourcing activities.
- Contribute and support the business in the ongoing development of the purchasing strategy for your categories through the introduction of leading edge and best practice techniques.
- Work with the Procurement Country Manager, the European Category Managers and the Global Lead Buyers to ensure that the local strategy and coverage, category plans and vendor management are in line with the Group strategy.
- Ensure all procurement opportunities are investigated and realized where possible.
- Manage projects within agreed timescales and budget when required, identifying and addressing all possible risks.
- Ensure that category contracts and Framework Agreements are used appropriately at local levels, with a specific focus on Integrated Facility Management and Fleet Management contracts.
What are we offering?
- The chance to work on interesting challenging projects for national and international clients;
- The opportunity to work in great, dynamic teams;
- Health and Life insurance;
- The possibility of investing on certifications and training;
- A permanent contract with an attractive compensation package and benefits.