An overview of the role
Capgemini announced last year a commitment to becoming a net zero business by 2030. This is an exciting time to join a thriving global sustainability team and contribute to the development of Capgemini’s journey towards net zero. The postholder will be focussed on overseeing the development and delivery of a credible and market-leading carbon offsetting strategy. The successful candidate will bring existing carbon expertise to support Capgemini in implementing its carbon strategy to reach first operational carbon neutrality no later than 2025 and ultimately net zero across Capgemini’s full value chain by 2030.
• Leading a multi-stakeholder collaboration to design and deliver a robust carbon offsetting strategy for Capgemini, including:
• Building and managing relationships with key carbon offset providers who will contribute to the successful development and delivery of the carbon strategy;
• Setting up an effective monitoring and reporting system to ensure strong KPIs are in place to monitor progress and to provide all interested Capgemini stakeholders with necessarily visibility of progress;
• Developing communications and key messaging around the carbon offsetting program and identifying opportunities for Capgemini’s 270,000 strong workforce to get engaged with the program where feasible;
• Overseeing contract management and negotiations (with support of legal, procurement and finance teams) and ensuring the appropriate management of project risks.
• Keeping pace with the latest developments in the voluntary carbon market and identifying key risks and opportunities for Capgemini – particularly opportunities to enrich Capgemini’s overall carbon offset strategy.
• Engaging with relevant industry groups, clients and peers around the net zero and carbon offsetting agenda, and representing Capgemini’s approach and viewpoint.
• Supporting the continued development of Capgemini’s overall net zero strategy, including responding to evolving best practice (such as carbon pricing) and helping to educate stakeholders on the implications of a net zero future.
Why this role?
Through Best-In-Class processes, we create new efficiencies using leading techniques, combining strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We seek focused and inspired individuals who have the special power to build the close, trusting relationships that are key to delivering the seamless and efficient transitions that Clients expect from Capgemini. This is an exciting time to join a thriving global sustainability team and contribute to the development of Capgemini’s journey towards net zero.
For this role we are looking for someone with demonstrable experience in sustainability and carbon offset programs. The successful candidate must possess / demonstrate the following:
• Experience working either within the voluntary carbon market, within carbon offset consulting or with a large corporate implementing a carbon offset program.
• An in-depth understanding of carbon markets, project development and carbon offsetting standards such as VCS and Gold Standard;
• Passionate about sustainability, with a desire to keep pace with the latest developments;
• A confident networker, able to operate autonomously to build and enhance relationships with a wide range of stakeholders in an international context;
• Strong research and communication skills, with the ability to analyse and synthesize complex information and use it to develop ideas and recommendations.
• Analytical, numerate and creative – should be comfortable handling complex data and creative in their approach to problem-solving;
• Knowledge of strategic frameworks and key sustainability institutions such as TCFD, CDP and SBTi;
• Strong project management skills, pragmatic and professional, willing to seize opportunities, and take ownership to get the job done
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit:
https://twitter.com/Capgemini and https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Capgemini-Reviews-E3803.htm