About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make better decisions by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insight. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
About the role
As a senior practitioner & leader in our insights and data capability, you will be responsible for supporting the growth of the I&D practice and managing the quality delivery of engagements, leading and developing the capability of the people in the data science discipline and developing new and innovative solutions for the team and clients alike.
As a recognized expert in Data Science, you will apply thought leadership in uncovering opportunities and / or challenges for clients and creating innovative data led solutions to meet their needs, while providing compelling business and financial rationale for engaging Capgemini. This role is available to candidates in either Melbourne or Sydney. Key aspects of the role will include:
- Demonstrating team leadership capabilities, effectively building sales pursuit and encouraging diverse ideas
- Driving strategy, consulting & data offerings to new and existing clients, ensuring offerings are relevant and timely.
- To act as an authority and thought leader on the subject of Data Science to ensure the effective development and growth of Capgemini’s Insights and Data capabilities.
- Engaging at Board Level with clients and potential clients.
- Connect the client’s strategy, business process, and technology agenda with the Capgemini agenda in an Integrated Account Strategy.
- Use thought-leadership to design and deliver innovative, highly leverageable, competitive, value solutions in the context of the client’s insights and data capabilities.
- Increase Capgemini market position and long-term growth opportunities based on the client’s transformation agenda.
- Collaborate within the Capgemini operating organisations, and with the client to maximize value for the client and Capgemini.
You will have the ability to help clients execute end-to-end data science projects using proven methodologies and enable them to analyse trends, find patterns, predict next best action, use artificial intelligence for automating processes, making accurate predictions and better business decisions. You will ideally have experience in most of the following:
- Proven consulting experience
- Experience in Data science including: data mining, statistical methods, machine-learning and operations research
- Strong Knowledge of and experience R, SQL and Python; experience with Spark, Scala, Java or C++ is an asset
- Experience using Data Science tools (e.g. Cloudera Data Science Workbench, SAS, SAP HANA PAL etc.) and
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Zoomdata, QlikView, Tableau etc.) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop) would be highly beneficial
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A track record of people leadership, helping others perform well on projects and developing their potential
What we can offer you?
Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. Not only will you work alongside inspiring colleagues with a world of experience, but you will also have access to great benefits including, salary continuance insurance, paid parental leave, education assistance, salary packaging, the ability to purchase additional leave, as well as, discounts on entertainment, financial and wellbeing services, travel and shopping.
Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology, outsourcing services and local profes