Roles and Responsibilities
- Position Type: Full Time Job
- Job Location: Jersey City, NJ
- Job Title: C++ Developer
- The purpose of this role is for a C++ developer.
- This encompasses functions within Front Office, Risk Management, Finance Accounting, and Operations. The role will interact with developers in Hong Kong and New York, as well as QA and business analysts to provide technical solutions.
- This person will be responsible to implement tasks independently from a technical perspective.
- They will need to work with others on the team to develop technology solutions that meet sponsor/stakeholder requirements while demonstrating high levels of quality and productivity.
- Responsibilities include implementing tasks, designing application solutions, fixing bugs to meet specific customer requirements.
- Ability to develop software components and systems with technically sound design that also comply with acceptable standards.
- Must be a team player, work well with other team members, and be able to both give and receive code review feedback.
- Must possess strong overall knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle which includes strong skills in process management.
- Thorough knowledge of testing and configuration management.
- Able to design and develop robust systems that minimizes maintenance costs.
- Able to work independently to meet project deadlines, as well as coordinate efforts of others on the team in working to meet timely delivery schedules.
- Work closely with QA to ensure that solutions are of high quality; e.g. accurately implement the specifications and are thoroughly tested.
- Implement assigned tasks with minimal direction and proactively identify and resolve unassigned issues.
- Liaise with the author of requirements documents and functional specifications to clarify ambiguities.
- Provide ongoing support and support maintenance activities.
- Exhibit or acquire appropriate business knowledge to provide adequate context to development tasks.
- At least 5 years of development experience in C++ within Windows/UNIX platforms, but preferably Windows
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented languages and design patterns.
- Working knowledge of SQL and database, with experience and good understanding of database concepts (Oracle, Sybase and/or MS SQL).
- Experience with XML parsing, DTD and schema a plus.
Good to Have:
- Working knowledge of messaging systems (TIBCO RV, MQ) not a must but a nice to have
- Experience with UNIX shell scripting, windows batch scripting, or perl are a plus