Working in the global procurement team with a focus on the UK Capgemini business, this exciting role sits across all business units across the UK, reporting into the head of external resource and services procurement. The team manage the vast majority of non-IT spend across the UK supporting UK management but report completely globally in structure. This role will be working extensively across the business, supporting client bids and complex commercial negotiations between several parties at a time. Procurement operate at a high profile level in the business and the main stakeholders will be Directors and above.
As the Buyer, you will support the Senior Category Buyer and focus on the procurement of all Professional Services and SOW sub-contracting services and work closely with a number of key stakeholders including HR and delivery to ensure that the correct processes are followed with the aim of delivering the best possible outcomes balancing quality and cost.
This role manages circa £60M in spend across a large supplier base, it s is a complex and fast paced role, that will be incredibly rewarding for the right person!
- Take responsibility and lead subcategories within the Services Acquisition Category, reporting directly into the Senior Category Buyer.
- Responsible for all Professional Services spend across Capgemini UK including Payroll, Pensions, Audit, Legal, Insurances.
- Work with the Senior Category Buyer to manage SOW subcontracting requirements using Fieldglass by understanding demand, skillset requirements and changes in industry to advise the business on the best outcome.
- Support in the strategic management of high value procurement from RFx utilisation to negotiation and SRM through to continuous improvement and optimisation.
- Ensure clear and fit for purpose supply chains, through section and rationalisation.
- Support the Senior Category Buyer in building and operationalising a clear strategy for the Category, including roadmap for continuous improvement and value creation through the automation and standardisation
- Ensure the business understand the value you and the procurement function deliver and be the first point of contact for all queries.
Your experience will include
- Experience in professional services or external resourcing procurement. Working with consultancy or sub-contracting spend preferred.
- Stakeholder management and strong interpersonal skills including negotiation as you will be leading conversations with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- A willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Drive, ambition and an independent attitude, to fit in with the flexible nature of the role and the working environment, with a view to further your career within Procurement and Capgemini
- Enthusiasm to work in Procurement, preferably SOW or Professional Services procurement.