An overview of the role
You will join a capability of 130+ professionals who provide PMO, Business Operations and Demand Management functions across the Capgemini HMRC MU.
The focus of your role
The Business Operations Manager is accountable for the delivery of Business Operations services within Delivery Centres and Business Units within the HMRC Market Unit. They will establish and manage a Business Operations Team, ensuring all key deliverables are achieved and aligned to the business needs.
The Business Operations Manager will play a significant role in the recruitment and development of the team, working closely with the Business Unit to support career development and rotation.
In establishing the Business Operations Service, they will create strong working relationships with key stakeholders, anticipate and engage their needs, both short and long term, to drive efficiencies along with consistent delivery of processes and tooling.
The Business Operations Manager will form part of the Delivery Centre and Business Unit Leadership Teams and also the PMO and Business Operations Business Unit (BPM) Leadership Team.
What you’ll do
Accountable for establishing and overseeing the Business Operations Services within an agreed structure, typically reporting into the senior leadership team within the Delivery Centre/Business Unit assigned.
- Responsible for ensuring all teams and services within the area are resourced, supported and delivered using consistent processes and tooling.
- Has a clear understanding of capability growth within the team along with dealing with any performance issues promptly.
- Continually evaluates the Business Operations strategies across all areas and proposes changes to optimise and improve.
- Drive the enforcement of standards, processes and procedures in line with Capgemini’s Unified Project Management Methodology.
- Provide coaching and mentoring within the team and establish a schedule of training and development as required.
- Promote reward and recognition within the teams.
Work closely with the senior leadership team in providing key support to the business.
- Support and manage cost budgets for the Delivery Centre/Business Unit, reporting on progress and leading the annual budgeting process.
- Support the delivery and financial governance across the Delivery Centre/Business Unit to help achieve the targets agreed each year.
- Support of the end-to-end financial Month End cycle, working closely with the Business Unit Lead and finance in ensuring all key data is understand in readiness for VP level monthly financial reviews.
- Work closely with Revenue Groups to ensure alignment of pipeline and delivery forecasts, using tooling to bring such data points together .
- Proactively ensure the delivery position is understood throughout the month, to minimise any risk to project delivery.
- Oversee and ensure change management process are followed and new change requests are impacting within a timely manner.
- Support and manage the resourcing and capability plans across the Delivery Centre/Business Unit, being a key player in ensuring all technical resources are assigned to project work and that recruitment plans are in place.
- Responsible for the smooth running of Business HR processes including dealing with HR escalations.
- Manage the Business communication plans.
- Proactive in highlighting trends which require attention and apply remedy to resolve.
What you’ll bring
- Proven Business Operations or Office Management experience
- Strong business acumen and a high level of financial and resource management and experience of providing key MI information to support the business
- Excellent stakeholder engagement with the ability to interact, engage, influence and have credibility at all levels, especially senior management
- Confident communication skills and energy
- A passion for change and proactively encouraging new ideas
- Innovative, open minded and progressive in thinking
- Ability to work in complex environments, within large and complex Business Units being able to multitask
- Experience in people management and proven ability to nurture and develop individuals
- Ability to manage a high performing team.
- Have an in-depth understanding of Project Management methodologies and associated tools knowledge (e.g. project finances & planning).
- Competent user of MS Office including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint & Outlook.
What we’ll offer you
You will get the opportunity to work on challenging and dynamic engagements, growing an extensive network amongst Capgemini’s teams. Alongside this we will provide opportunities for professional development in an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit as well as collaborative working, and career development as a Business Operations professional.
You will join a growing community of fellow Business Operations practitioners and work with them to develop the profession across the HMRC Market Unit, looking at innovative ways of working and shaping our standards to deliver valuable outcomes.
Why we are different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs