The job on offer
The Business Operations team are responsible for managing the financial and operation wellbeing of Business (capability) Units through long-term forecasting and short-term business analysis, using collaborative and innovative working practices to support the business in achieving its goals.
As a Business Operations Analyst, you will act as a business partner to all levels within the business unit and work closely with the business leadership team to support the overall management of the Business Unit. This is done through acting as the centre of all information in the business, and using management information and insight to drive optimised decision-making by the Business Unit leadership team.
This role is highly cross-functional, and you will work regularly and closely with the rest of the Business Operations, Offshore Teams, Finance, Resourcing, HR, Recruitment, Sales, other Units and occasionally with client accounts/projects.
What you’ll be doing:
- Joining together multiple sources of information to form a coherent picture of the future financial and operational health of a business unit
- Presenting back to management level about your suggested actions to maximise business performance in the medium-term, and then onto C-suite level Presenting back to the Business Unit leadership team about your suggested actions to maximise business performance in the medium-term, and then to the Board as appropriate
- Management and control of internal costs
- Analysis of past financial and operational results and presenting of data in innovative ways to reinforce messaging
- Budget creation and management of the financial and operational performance of a Business Unit
- Support planning and execution of budget
- Support the Delivery Unit (DU) Leadership with operational and strategic issues to optimize resources use and profitability
- Manage and develop KPIs reporting for the Business Unit, monitoring and forecasting performance against budgeted KPI’s, working with the leadership teams to ensure they are achieved
- Other ad-hoc reporting and activities as and when required by the Leadership team
- Strong Senior Stakeholder Management experience
- Strong work ethic allied with confidence to challenge at all levels of the business
- Initiative and proactivity to find answers and suggest solutions
- Experience with business and data analysis essential. Excel skills required.
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of financial and operational drivers of a people business
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Able to collaborate and work with different Functions and Business Units in the company, building a strong network
- Team player
At Capgemini, we strive to deliver excellence for our clients whilst also creating an environment where our people can thrive, develop, and enjoy a positive work-life balance. Flexible working allows us to be agile in how we deliver to our clients and by offering more freedom in where and how our people work, contributes to a better employee experience.
All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements, which can be either informal or formal. Your manager will discuss your request with you and review it to ensure any arrangements work for you, your clients, your team, and our business
Get the future you want
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask.
But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible.
It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs.
So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 290,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com