The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of EUR 15.8 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
This role sits in Capgemini’s Telecommunications sector vertical. With strong domain knowledge of the Telecommunications Industry, you will develop and lead a targeted Sales strategy for growth. Your knowledge of industry trends of the Telecom portfolio, strong relationships across Australian Telecom organizations and major transformation initiatives, will guide and inform your targeted approach to identifying growth opportunities. You will collaborate with Service Line leads, Technology SME’s and Partners to drive and lead opportunities through the sales life cycle from capture to closure. Developing a healthy and diverse pipeline of opportunities, with coverage to meet target and growth ambitions will be core. This opportunity will allow you to bring your sales and relationship expertise working with a supportive like-minded team of professionals all with success in mind. You could be Melbourne or Sydney based.
Capgemini constantly aims for excellence in its operations and the employee experience it provides. We were recently awarded the best organisation in the Australian Workplace Equality index for our diversity and inclusion programs. In line with our Purpose, Flexible Working aims to improve the overall people experience by providing an optimal work-life balance, more autonomy and freedom in when, where and how we work. Our goal is to offer unparalleled opportunities to our people and empower anyone, anywhere to deliver exceptional work for our organisation, while contributing to an inclusive and sustainable future for our people, our clients and our society. #getthefutureyouwant
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
- Own and curate a 12-month pipeline of $20M+
- The primary focus and objective will be to develop new logo business in target accounts
- Lead end-to-end opportunity capture and proposal efforts of $.5-$20M+
- Work with Capgemini capability teams and Telecom customers to solve client needs
- Understand the Australian Telecommunications market, to parse priorities and requirements into actions and execute capture plans
- Owning, maintaining, and growing a qualified Telecommunications sales pipeline
- Design bid organization, recruit internally for bid organization and account management team and other Sales people connected to the client
- Qualify major opportunities to be further pursued, drive consistency between Sales strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation) and content work managed by bid team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management)
- Maintain and growth senior client relationships
- Keep to up to date on market trends and complementary Capgemini offerings and capabilities
- Set up and perform client demonstrations along with Capgemini technical teams to showcase Capgemini offerings and capabilities
- Manage partner and other ecosystem stakeholders to convert opportunities into awarded contracts
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Experience of selling enterprise business transformation and technology portfolios (ex. SAP, Microsoft, AWS, Salesforce, ServiceNow)
- Telecom sector knowledge and established relationships
- Demonstrable track record of generating organic revenue growth via prospecting tools and techniques in ‘hunter’ role(s)
- Relentlessly curious about ‘your client’ and able to position yourself as a problem solver
- Strong connections and relationships within the Federal Health Portfolio
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with & influencing ‘C’ Level executives and be able to reference 8-12 relationships at the C suite, VP or decision maker level
- Understand the client decision making and sourcing processes for large deals
- Ability to simultaneously work with multiple internal practice leads
- Proven record selling larger deals of~$20million bookings & documented track record of achieving / exceeding annual sales quotas YoY
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in selling complex, IT services/customized technology services
- 5 years’ or greater of recent experience selling technology consulting services for a Tier 1 or 2 global services provider
- 5 years’ of experience serving clients telecommunications Industry
- Comprehensive understanding of targeted industry business environments, issues and the trends affecting technology spend
- Recent experience selling consulting services engagements
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within middle market companies
- History of successful sales of technology services deals across multiple offerings including specific experience in application lifecycle services, mobility, cloud, testing solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills
- Ability to work in a global organizational and service delivery environment
- Demonstrated commitment to stay abreast of industry trends and technical advancements across multiple business sectors
- Ability to work in a fast paced, competitive sales culture
- Ability to travel extensively as required
- High level of personal and professional integrity
Let’s talk about what’s in it for you!
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate or recognise special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini, OutFront, Indigeneous, Parents and Careers and Sustainability Community of Practice support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. As well as focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models, Capgemini recently announced its commitment to becoming a netzero busines by 2030.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 9 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, visit www.capgemini.com/au-en/careers/ and listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.