The speed of change is throwing traditional business methods into question and disrupting the relevance of entire industries. Capgemini, a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services, is at the forefront of innovation and well placed to address opportunities for our clients in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company with over 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of EUR 17 billion. Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
Let’s talk about the team:
The Public Sector faces many challenges – globalisation, budget cutbacks and increased citizen expectations. Capgemini works hand in hand with Government customers across the globe to help them meet those challenges through digital transformation strategies, technology delivery and citizen-led innovation. We are bringing new thinking to solve public sector challenges. Digital offers Governments the opportunity to reorganize and rethink the way services are delivered. We draw on our global community of Public Sector experts and our Applied Innovation Exchange – a unique ecosystem of start-ups, accelerators, incubators, strategic technology and business partners – to help customers to introduce new approaches and ideas to service delivery.
Let’s talk about the role and responsibilities:
As a Business Development Executive, you’ll own the development of sales leads through to a ‘win’ via the development of sales strategies, developing solution proposals and closing deals for large Federal Government agency opportunities . You’ll manage the identification and generation of sales opportunities and the cultivation of pipeline growth in both existing and pursuit clients. You’ll effectively build and leverage your Canberra network and contacts to build and maintain your pipeline of opportunities whilst identifying emerging trends and bringing thought leadership to your clients and Capgemini leaders.
- Understand and discuss the sales plan with your sales leader to agree on and execute strategy for existing and pursuit clients
- Qualify major opportunities to be further pursued, drive consistency between sales strategy (value messages, relationship approach, competitive differentiation) and content work managed by bid team (solution design, pricing and costing, delivery of proposal, planned project management)
- Manage and be accountable for the opportunity along the end-to-end collaborative sales process until close
- Continuously build and maintain an external network and client relationships
- Address complex client issues involving interactions from CxO level down
- Manage business development costs and forecast to budget
- Design bid organization; source and engage appropriate internal subject matter experts and resources, including the account management team and other sales colleagues
Let’s talk about your qualifications and experience:
- Several years’ Business Development experience with ‘hunter mentality’
- Experience working with and navigating within Federal Government Departments
- Global/Multi-National Corporate experience
- A drive to succeed, known in Capgemini as “La Niaque”
- Demonstrable experience of developing a new account to mature stage (hand over point to Account Management)
- Proven track record of winning $multi-million(s), multi-year deals
- Complex, solution-sales experience of cross service line deals
- Relentless curiosity about your client’s strategy and objectives and a reputation as their go-to problem solver
- CxO level stakeholder engagement, influencing and networking experience
- A team player adept at collaborative selling involving simultaneously working with multiple Practice Leads
What happens next and what can we offer you?
Passionate people are Capgemini’s Ace of Spades – join us to discover a career that will challenge, support and inspire you. Working at Capgemini you’ll find the rewards are more than just financial. You will work alongside some very smart and inspiring people on exciting projects and you will also enjoy incredible benefits. We offer flexible work practices and 40 hours of self-development every year with a huge selection of learning opportunities to choose from.
As “Architects of Positive Futures”, Capgemini actively supports the community in 3 ways:
Diversity and Inclusion - we believe diversity of thought fuels excellence and innovation, which is why we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of their gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, intersex status or age. To support our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we celebrate special events and days of significance that are important to our employees such as Diwali, Bastille Day, Pride, IDAHOBIT, IWD and International day of people with Disabilities. Our Employee Resource Groups Women@Capgemini and OutFront support the grassroots passion of employees to drive our diversity agenda and effect change.
Digital inclusion - at Capgemini we are using our skills to drive social impact initiatives focusing on helping society address the impact of the digital and automation revolution. We also provide employees with opportunities to give back to the community through charity projects and volunteer days.
Environmental Sustainability - Capgemini joined the CDP’s (Carbon Disclosure Project) prestigious “A list” for its commitment to the Net-Zero economy. We are focusing on helping our clients transform towards more sustainable business models and committing to reduce our own carbon emissions (GHG) by 20% per employee by 2020.
Recognised by Ethisphere as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the last 8 years in a row, ethics and values are at the heart of Capgemini’s corporate culture and business. Embedded in our DNA, our seven values – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty – have remained the same since company inception in 1967. To see how we bring these values to life, click here to listen to some of our employee’s stories.
Come join us, bring your whole self to work, create new possibilities for you, your customers and your community and help us to be Architects of Positive Futures.
Please note unsolicited resumes from employment agencies or other third parties will not be considered.