Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2017 global revenues of 12.5 EUR billion.
Together with its clients, Capgemini Romania creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working.
Bring your talent and passion to Capgemini Romania – sharpen your skills, build an extraordinary career and play a key role in creating solutions that transform organizations and communities around the world.
Learn more about us at www.capgemini.com.
The main responsibilities of the Consultant are to effectively conduct/ participate in organisation, optimisation and change management projects by defining/ contributing to the definition of project objectives and scope and ensuring that they are met, while delivering quality results within the deadlines set, with a view to optimise productivity, profitability, efficiency and competitiveness of BRD and improve service to the final client.
The Consultant may also provide support on projects delivered to the bank by external consultants in order to make activities more professional and capitalize on and sustain expertise
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Manage internal consulting projects on transversal topics that are not IT driven: define objectives, scope, key stakeholders, approach, activities to be performed, timeline and milestones and key deliverables;
- Manage implementation of large organizational changes within the bank;
- Organize workshops and interviews with all stakeholders to understand and document current situation;
- Perform data analysis in order to be able to support and prioritize findings;
- Perform market research and/ or ask for group support in order to identify best practices;
- Synthesize findings and formulate recommendations for presentation to management;
- Perform internal and external benchmarks on various topics;
- Structure and prepare deliverables and steering committee presentations;
- Provide management at any point in time with status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives;
- Prepare RfPs together with the business area requesting support and provide support in the selection process;
- Offer support on any non-IT projects taking place within the bank;
- Act as a go-between in managing change;
- Share knowledge and methods used in order to be able to capitalise on expertise gained;
- Offer support on projects delivered to the bank by external consultants;
- Take part in department activities (training, mentoring, team meetings, discussions etc).
- At least five years relevant experience either exclusively in a management consultancy or a combination of consultancy and financial industry;
- Capabilities in areas such as transformation, TOM definition and organizational changes;
- Able to plan, organize and structure projects in order to deliver effectively;
- Proactive, able to build trust and relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Strong presence and communication skills, both interpersonal and written;
- Must be structured thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Professional level English language capability.
What we offer:
- Permanent employment contract;
- Attractive benefits package: meal tickets, medical services, private pension, gym discounts;
- Challenging job in a professional and multinational environment;
- Opportunity to gain skills, knowledge and experience, together with highly marketable specialists;
- Opportunity to work with Global TOP Clients on large projects;
- Dynamic, international working environment;
- Team events (team buildings, team hangouts, Christmas party, etc.).