Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini Consulting is the global consulting organisation of the Capgemini Group, specialising in advising and supporting clients on their major transformation programmes, from the creation of innovative strategies, to their design and execution. With the new digital economy creating significant disruption, our global team of over 3,600 consultants work with leading companies and governments to master Digital Transformation, drawing on our understanding of the digital economy and our leadership in business transformation and organisational change.
UK Government is under relentless pressure to deliver efficient and transparent citizen services whilst driving down costs and transforming ways of working. Capgemini helps central government clients address these challenges as they turn policy into reality. Our innovative solutions and renowned collaborative approach to working with clients are delivering results across central government and the public sector, including health.
Markets trends around digital transformation, the availability of big data and changing citizen expectations – combined with increasing pressures to reduce costs – are having significant implications for decision making in the public sector.
Too often the public sector finds it difficult to learn from the best examples from governments around the world. Our global scale and breadth means that we are able to bring international insights to our clients. Capgemini Consulting has more than 900 dedicated public sector consultants in 20 countries, and over 2,500 consultants in our global network. We work across the public sector in national, regional, and local government agencies.
The focus of your role
Your role will be to engage with our Government clients to help propose solutions and deliver benefits through the full range of their programmes, in pure business change, digital and systems integration. Through enabling them to succeed you will help us maintain our position as the market leader in Digital Transformation consulting.
In particular you’ll be expected analyse the client’s issues, propose a range of potential solutions, help them select a solution which you may then help design, build and implement, leveraging our digital expertise.
What you’ll do
Dependent on your prior experience and skills, Capgemini will invest in your development to enable you to work with clients to: –
- support the process of taking government digital services through a structured engagement process to deliver their connection to the identity assurance service
- identify and analyse problems and issues that may affect the successful adoption of the service
- apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team’s plans and objectives are achieved
- analyse business requirements and user needs to agree detailed functional and technical specifications and plans, drawing on input from specialist colleagues within the programme
- gather and analyse data relating to the costs and benefits of each service’s migration / connection plans
Our Business Analysts and Consultants are at the heart of our delivery teams enabling clients to successfully transform. They develop new skills and rapidly build experience of the clients and industries we support. They often bring new ideas and help drive our digital innovation agenda.
What you’ll bring
Ideally you will have an analytical mind and are able to clearly communicate with all levels in an organisation. You should have worked in the public sector and you will be knowledgeable of the trends and challenges sector. Prior consulting experience and/or familiarity with some of the relevant supporting technologies would be of benefit.
We maintain increasingly high standards for our business analysts and consultants and in all cases require candidates with:
- Proven intellectual strength. You’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent presentation and articulation skills. You’ll demonstrate outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex problems or solutions.
Specifically, we’re looking for candidates whose experience best matches the following:
- Experience of project management methodologies– Prince, PMP, Agile or other waterfall and non-traditional systems
- Experience of developing and delivering solutions
- Strategic thinking: ability to shape and solve problems using a fact-based approach to drive out insight
- The development and implementation of operating models and/or process redesign projects
- The application of relevant tools and techniques: such as strategic and/or detailed operating model design, customer journey mapping, process mapping, Lean techniques, business architecture, organisation design, organisation sizing, governance, role design, the development of business cases etc.
Why join us? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe that the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer a remuneration package which includes fixed salary, and in addition for Senior Consultant and above, you will receive variable compensation dependent on company and personal performance. We also offer flexible benefits options for you to choose to suit your own personal circumstances.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
More information is at available at: www.uk.capgemini-consulting.com/