Any UK Base
The UK Government is one of the most digitally advanced in the world, recently coming top of the 2016 United Nations E-Government and E-Procurement surveys. Despite the progress, citizens feel that the country works for those who govern and not for citizens themselves. People want a more responsive state, they want change and they want it at pace and at scale. UK government has a bold IT vision based on user centric design, agile development, open source software, continuous delivery, infrastructure automation, cloud computing and a DevOps culture. What it needs is people to help put this vision into practice. What it needs is people like you.
You’ll be working for one of our major Public Sector clients. These include HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, The Home Office, Ministry of Justice, Department for Education and the NHS amongst others with offices in Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester, Blackpool, Croydon, Telford, central London and many others. Working on site with a client can provide considerable benefits to a project, such as faster decision making, reduced misunderstanding and closer collaboration, but we also understand very well that this has to be balanced with the need for flexible working.
Main Purpose Of Role
We’re excited to be offering this opportunity for a talented Business Analyst to join our rapidly expanding team, working at the forefront of technology at various locations throughout the UK.
As a Business Analyst your main responsibility will be to assist the client to build their product backlog and communicate those requirements to the development team. This will be achieved through quickly understanding user needs, building new working relationships and gathering and documenting requirements. In each of the projects that you join you will help the client to shape their digital vision and work as part of an agile team to bring that vision to life
We’d love to hear from you if you have some of the following experience:
• Application of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping).
• Documenting customer requirements for example; Backlogs, Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria.
• Active member of a scrum team delivery projects in an Agile methodology.
• Exposure to the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles / activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery.
• Good facilitation and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to work with large groups of customers (of varying levels of seniority from user to board level).
Skills and Experience
Additional skills and experience also of interest:
• Scrum Master Certification.
• Product Owner Certification.
Capgemini, along with its clients, creates and delivers digital solutions that fit their user needs, delivering innovation, competitiveness and high levels of user satisfaction. We specialise in agile custom software development and integration at an enterprise scale. Our vision is to help our customers achieve their digital transformation objectives by providing innovative digital integration, insight, expertise and solutions.
As a Capgemini Digital Business Analyst you will join the Capgemini Public Sector Digital Unit supporting a number of major Public Sector clients. Primarily working with product owners and agile delivery teams, you will be working in ways that are starting to define the industry, as well as working with excellent engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.
These are some of the brilliant reasons to apply for this job
• Great People – At the end of the day of the day it’s all about people. Capgemini has great people, who work together in a community and help each other develop. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
• Great Technology – The UK Government has an excellent IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, modern software architectures such as micro-services and cloud technology to name but a few.
• Great Vision – The chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
• Great Opportunities – Professional development, modern learning environments such as safari online, a cloud guru. Conference attendance and speaking. Supporting tech meetups, hackathons and university lectures. The Capgemini University training facility and much much more.
• And of course a competitive package including flexible benefits to suit your needs
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.