Capgemini, A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, We are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Operating in 40 countries, we are, above all, a people company with almost 200,000 people across the globe and 2017 revenues over €12,792 Billion . We bring deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry
Position title :- Business Analyst
Location :- Toronto Canada
Job type :- Fulltime
Skills and Knowledge
• Solid understanding of Back and Middle Office functions as it relates in Wealth and Asset Management
• Experience with SimCorp Dimension, Bloomberg, SWIFT and TLM is a must
• Solid knowedge of the reconciliations process
• Knowledge of a range of asset types, including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and how they are accounted for in the accounting book of records, booked in Bloomberg, Custodian books of records, and how they are represented in SWIFT messages.
• Understanding of Investment Operations and data needs through the trading lifecycle.
• Ability to analyze business processes and high-level requirements to translate into detailed business requirements.
• Delivering on successful initiatives in a timely manner based on project success criteria and team goals
• Strong interpersonal skills will all levels of management, staff, outside vendors, contractors, and consultants.
• Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
• Collaborating with business experts, sponsors, the project manager, tech leads and developers, and quality assurance team to ensure successful, quick delivery
• Working across time zones and locations (we have offices in Montreal, Toronto, Boston & Asia)
• Facilitating complex stakeholder management
• Adhering to our project methodologies Agile SCRUM and RUP/iterative development and waterfall
• Knowledge and experience in Derivatives
Education and Experience:
• Bloomberg, Simcorp, TLM, SWIFT knowledge is required
• In-depth investment operations knowledge, especially in Middle and Back Office Operations, with 3+ years of hands-on experience as a Business Analyst in Reconciliations (positions, cash derivatives, collateral) IT Application Management.
• University degree in Business/Finance
• 5-7 years Business Analysis experience in Application Management environment within the financial sector
• MBA, CFA, FRM or similar certification would be an asset
• Proven capability in initiating, motivating and managing change effectively.
• Highly developed presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in an international setting.
• Exposure to exchange traded instruments as well as OTC and exchange traded derivatives through formal course work and/or industry experience.
• Identifying, documenting, analyzing and validating the needs for Middle and Back Office Operations, including Transaction Management, Reconciliations, Fund Administration, Fund Accounting, NAV Oversight processes, and Portfolio Accounting as it pertains to reconciliations.
• Documenting the business needs in a variety of formats: Business Requirements Document (BRD), Data Mapping Spreadsheets, Use Cases, User Stories
• Relaying Client’s Reconciliation requirements to vendor(s)
• Modelling and analyzing current state processes, identifying gaps, facilitating process changes to address those gaps for future processes.
• Facilitating prioritization of needs with business sponsor and stakeholders
• Evangelizing and advocating the needs of our business sponsor with others
• Translating the business needs for the technology teams and the vendor which helps them build an effective software solution
• Identifying and raising key risks, issues, and dependencies
• Developing test strategies and test plans, support testing