With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Job Title: Big Data Solution Architect
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
- Solution Architect is….
- Responsible for implementing software components of highly available scalable and robust Systems
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well designed and implemented software components
- Take ownership of the implementation of individual software components with high emphasis on quality test driven development and sound software engineering practices
- Participate in software design reviews you conduct peer code reviews and provide input and feedback to other members of the development team
- Write unit functional regression tests for the code you create and you contribute to the test automation continuous integration and deployment processes together with everyone else in the development team
- According to our test driven development practices and DevOps model test automation high quality and deployment automation is the responsibility of every member of the IoT Cloud Infrastructure team
- 8 years of proven hands on track record as a software developer
- 4 years of experience in Big Data technologies Spark Kafka Hadoop
- BSc in Computer Science or related Engineering is required
- A Master’s degree is desirable
- Proven track record of creating highly scalable and available architecture
- Excellent expertise in object oriented programming Java is required and one or more of Golang Python Scala and Shell scripting
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services AWS technologies and in building RESTful APIs to power cloud and web services is required
- Experience in other cloud technologies Google Cloud and MS Azure is a plus
- Experience in cloud based NoSQL stores e g DynamoDB MongoDB HBase Cassandra etc and RDBMS
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law