Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
A great opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Data programme delivering Insights on the AWS Cloud. Working with the Insurance sector and the Insights and Data Practice, you will be part of a large, multi-year Insurance capability transformation. The client is a leading UK insurance company.
Capgemini Financial Services requires an experienced Big Data Engineer with Technical/Management skills in the area of business intelligence, data warehousing, testing, reporting and analytics.
As a Big Data Engineer, you be responsible for setting up the appropriate tools and technologies in the cloud to securely process big and small, unstructured and structured data – from ingestion, cleansing, transformation, enrichment, outlier/anomaly detection, auto matching/classification and finally to the delivery of accurate data for insights, analysis and reporting.
Using your Financial Services industry expertise to help our clients derive value from their internal and external sources of data. You must be able to engage with business and IT stakeholders and articulate solutions at various levels and be responsible for the successful delivery and maintenance of our clients Data Governance.
Finally, you must be able to work closely with our clients and demonstrate individual functional and professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest caliber to ensure client satisfaction. As a member of a project team, you will need to apply team management expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques to improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
- Experience in Java (Core Java, J2EE, Spring boot, Java collections, Java Multithreading)
- Strong understanding and expertise in Kafka, Microservices, REST/XML/JSON, Web Services, Java 11.0.6, Springboot
- Experience in Big Data (Confluent Kafka, Streaming, real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Should have experience designing database schemas for enterprise software – SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- Working knowledge of any public cloud (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Broad understanding and experience of real-time analytics, NoSQL data stores, data modeling and data management, analytical tools, languages, or libraries
- Design, Build and Test of data solutions, along with good knowledge & experience in Data Modelling and Big Data (Confluent Kafka & Streaming)
- Experience with SQL & NoSQL data stores
- Experience working with Cloud Technologies (AWS, GCP or Azure)
- Data-processing applications
- Producing detailed design documentation & analytical tools
- Working in teams (on and offshore mix)
- Working to tight deadlines & resolving issues
- Education = Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com People matter, results count.