Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Job Location: NYC
Job Description :
The ETL Hadoop data engineer will be responsible for analyzing the business requirements design develop and implement highly efficient highly scalable ETL processes.
Candidate is required to perform daily project functions with a focus on meeting the business objectives on time in rapidly changing work environment and should be able to lead and drive globally located team to achieve business objectives.
- 5 to 10 years of hands on experience working with Informatica power center Hadoop
- Knowledge of various components of Hadoop ecosystem and experience in applying them to practical problems
- Strong knowledge of working with relational databases like Teradata, DB2, Oracle and Sql server
- Hands on experience in writing shell scripts on Unix platform
- Experience in data warehousing ETL tools MPP database systems
- Understanding of Data Models
- Experience conceptual logical and physical dimensional relational data model
- Design and analyze functional specifications and assist in designing potential technical solutions
- Identifies data sources and works with source system team and data analyst to define data extraction methodologies
- Good knowledge in writing complex queries in Teradata DB2 Oracle PL SQL
- Maintain batch processing jobs and respond to critical production issues
- Communicate well with stakeholders on his / her proposal recommendations
- Knowledge of status risks regarding delivering solution on time
- Strong with data analysis and data profiling root cause analysis
- Should able to understand Banking system processes and data flow
- Can work independently lead and mentor the team
What we offer:
Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physic