A global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation, Capgemini is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. It is a multicultural company of over 200,000 team members in more than 40 countries. The Group reported 2018 global revenues of EUR 13.2 billion (about $15.6 billion USD at 2018 average rate).
Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
Role: Big Data Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Position: Full time
- We are looking for a Technical Data Engineer Lead to lead the development of consumer centric low latency analytic environment leveraging Big Data technologies and transform the legacy systems
- Lead a development team of big data engineers
- Implement a big data enterprise data lake BI and analytics system using Hive Spark Hadoop
- Responsible for design advanced development testing oversight and implementation
- Works closely with program manager scrum master and architects to convey technical impacts to development timeline and risks
- Coordinate with data engineers and API developers to drive program delivery
- Drive technical development and application standards across enterprise data lake
- BS in computer science or engineering degree Master degree preferred
- 4 years experienced hands on working experience on Hadoop Spark Kafka MapReduce HDFS Hive Pig Sqoop Git and AB Initio
- 3 years development experience with Agile Implementation and leadership experience across the technology stack
- Ability to lead and influence across departments and across levels of leaderships
- Proven ability to organize manage multiple priorities coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever changing business needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adept and presenting complex topics influencing and executing with timely actionable follow through Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to convert information into practical deliverables
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems
- Experience working in real time data ingestion is required
- Experienced in sourcing and processing structured semi structured and unstructured data Experience in Data Cleansing Transformation Performance Tuning Experience in Storm Kafka and Flume would be a plus
- Hortonworks or Cloudera or MapR Certification would be a plus
- Basic knowledge of Big Data administration Ambari
- Desired Characteristics Extensive experience working with data big data platforms
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with senior leaders
- Strong leadership and influencing skills Outstanding written and verbal skills and the ability to influence and motivate teams
- Your career matters to you and is important to us too. Because your goals and needs are constantly evolving, we offer visibility, leeway and support to help you grow and progress in your career. This approach builds notably on our comprehensive competency framework, our personal development, training and career management programs, and our University innovative and business-focused learning curriculums.
- We promote a culture of diversity. We believe working with talented individuals from different backgrounds and points of view is a strategic advantage and an ongoing opportunity. Diversity enriches our creative solutions and adds value for our clients.
- With the digital tech sector growing at a rapid pace and women significantly underrepresented in the industry, we are determined to inspire and recruit more women into technology and build diverse teams that reflect the clients we serve.
- Our Shared values have been at the heart of the group since our formation. They are honesty, boldness, trust, freedom, team spirit, modesty and fun. These values influence the way we meet client needs while respecting the regulatory requirements of each country in which we operate, and the way we promote ethically sound practices within Capgemini and in our partnerships.
- Capgemini is committed to building a workforce of employees with diverse backgrounds and work experiences. We strongly encourage women, veterans and active military service personnel to apply.
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- `This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant – http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Capgemini.