With almost 200,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world's foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2017 global revenues of USD 15.78 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business and technology solutions that fit their needs and drive the results they want. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model. Learn more about us at http://www.capgemini.com. Rightshore ® is a trademark belonging to Capgemini
Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop cutting edge Analytic applications leveraging Big Data technologies Spark Kafka Hadoop Build automation of deployment and configuration using open source frameworks
- Act as the subject matter expert for Big Data platforms and technologies
- Work across IT teams to ensure code quality performance and scalability of deployed data products
- Perform other duties and or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 2 years of IT experience in a quantitative field such as Engineering Computer Science Statistics Econometrics Or in lieu of Degree a High School Diploma GED
- 5 years of experience in quantitative field with programming Java J2EE and data management experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in deployment of BI Analytics solutions using Big Data Technologies such as SPARK Kafka HBase in complex large scale environments preferably 20Tb
- Minimum 2 years of experience in at least 3 of the following Spark Must, Kafka good to have, Hadoop Ecosystem Must, Java Api Microservices good to have.
Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant: http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law