About the role
We are looking for driven and talented individuals to join our team of passionate and innovative Big Data Engineers. Your responsibilities include:
- Perform architecture design, data modelling, ad implementation of Big Data platform and analytic applications for Capgemini clients.
- Analyse latest big data analytic technologies and their innovative applications in both business intelligence analysis and new service offerings, bring these insights and best practices
- Architect and implement complex big data solutions.
- Stand up and expand data as service collaboration with partners in Sydney ad Melbourne.
- Develop highly scalable and extensible Big Data platforms which enable collection, storage, modelling and analysis of massive data sets.
- Drive architecture engagement models and be an ambassador for partnership with delivery and external vendors.
- Effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical business and executive leaders
- Lead large and varied technical and project teams.
- Assist with scoping, pricing, architecting, and selling large project engagements.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience with Big Data Technologies (Hortonworks & Cloudera platforms) like Spark, Hadoop, Sqoop, Flume, Kafka, Pig, Hive, Impala, HBase, and Cassandra.
- Must have performed Big Data Platform Architecture – including setting up cluster across Datacenters with HA, Load Balancing, security and governmane solutions.
- Experience in large sized Big Data and Advanced analytics projects in the capacity of a Solution / Technical Architect.
- Ability to architect across Big Data and Advanced Analytics ecosystem – such as ETL platforms, visualisation and Advanced analytics tools
- Ability to lead discussions with Vendors and Data Center providers for clustering and sizing requirements for big data platforms.
- Strong Data modelling skills for Big Data ecosystem
- Exposure to Agile process, sprint or iteration based development is ideal.
What we can offer you?
Capgemini is a world leader in technology enabled change. We can offer our consultants;
- Formal training with industry recognized certifications
- The ability to interact with peers in a sharing and inclusive community
- Exciting and challenging projects
- A well-structured and tailored career framework
- A culture of collaboration and recognition
- Excellent remuneration
About the Team
Our Insight and Data team helps our clients make a better business decision-making by transforming an ocean of data into streams of insights. Our clients are among Australia’s top performing companies and they choose to partner with Capgemini for a very good reason – our exceptional people.
With more than 190,000 people, Capgemini is present in over 40 countries and celebrates its 50th Anniversary year in 2017. A global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, the Group reported 2016 global revenues of EUR 12.5 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
Ranked among Ethisphere’s 2017 Most Ethical Companies in the Word. Our seven values are at the heart of everything we do – Honesty, Boldness, Trust, Team Spirit, Freedom, Fun and Modesty.
If you believe you have “La Niaque” to go the extra mile, then apply by submiApply now