The Insights & Data Global Practice combines technology excellence, data science and business and industry expertise to help organizations drive valuable and actionable insights from internal and external data. The evidence? We are recognized by Gartner as one of the leaders for Business Analytics Services 2017.
For more information about our Insights & Data offering, we welcome you to visit https://www.capgemini.com/insights-data.
Capgemini is looking for experienced and motivated Big Data Architect for the ongoing growth of its Insights & Data Practice. The Big Data Architect will play a key role on projects and lead the team of big data consultants.
- Architecting/Implementing BI/Big Data solutions in Google Cloud Platform using services such as BigQuery and Cloud SQL
- Data modeling of Data Warehouse/Mart in Google BigQuery for reporting tools such as MicroStrategy/Tableau
- Defining/implementing design patterns for data ingestion/transformations using ETL tools. Talend knowledge is a big plus.
- Firm understanding of scripting languages – Python
- Ability to work independently, manage small engagements or parts of large engagements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Communicates and collaborate with customer representatives
- Works towards deadlines with high quality
- The person in this role designs and implements the infrastructure used by ETL specialists on specific projects. This work includes constant refinement activities to standardize and implement new functionality based on experiences learned during the course of specific projects. This also involves the establishment and enforcement of a concise series of technical standards for the deliverables of individual projects.
- Assists and coaches ETL specialists during the course of their individual projects.
- The architect is a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company.
- He/she supports multiple projects in building new data sets and data structures as required, and for managing the distribution, replication and archiving of data throughout the enterprise and across projects.
- You will utilize a range of new design techniques optimized for BigQuery data structures and must be capable of teaching these new techniques to the project level designers/developers.
- You have experience finding an optimal balance between activities done in the ETL tool and activities in BigQuery.
- You have extensive knowledge of data warehouse design principles and ETL. Knowledge of design tools is an asset.
- You have strong SQL knowledge.
- Experience in migrating applications from traditional ETL/databases to BigQuery is a plus.
- You have the ambition to grow to senior Architect and/or project manager.
- Being creative is a must for this role.
- Team player
- Active listening & comprehension
- Customer oriented
- Qualitative result driven
- Pro-active, accurate, reliable, assertive, responsible and proud
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent oral communication skills in French or Dutch and English
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
- Career potential to grow to the lead of big data consultants
- Wide range of training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary package