- Communicates and collaborate with customer representatives
- Works towards deadlines with high quality
- Can prepare training manuals for architects, functional and technical oriented staff.
- Develops information architecture, both conceptual (eg. Reference architecture) as technical. Both on data and ETL architecture. The BI architect determines the optimal approach for obtaining data from diverse source system platforms and moving it to the BI. This involves understanding all of the source system platforms, application architectures and DBMSs (e.g. SAP BW, HANA, ORACLE, …)
- Resolves semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
- The person in this role designs and implements the infrastructure used by ETL specialists on specific projects. This work includes constant refinement activities to standardize and implement new functionality based on experiences learned during the course of specific projects. This also involves the establishment and enforcement of a concise series of technical standards for the deliverables of individual projects.
- The BI architect provides input to the long-term technology planning portions of the program plan. This person assists and coaches ETL specialists during the course of their individual projects.
- The BI architect is a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company.
- He/she supports multiple projects in building new data sets and data structures as required, and for managing the distribution, replication and archiving of data throughout the enterprise and across projects.
- The BI architect must manage the balance of current and future needs in both design and content.
- Gain consensus among users on common business data definitions.
You will utilize a range of new design techniques optimized for BI data structures and must be capable of teaching these new techniques to the project level designers.
You has a thorough understanding of- and is capable of teaching- the diverse BI acquisition techniques and the decision rules on how to apply them.
You have extensive knowledge of data warehouse design principles and ETL. Knowledge of design tools is an asset. Being creative is a must for this role.
You have the ambition to grow to senior BI Architect and/or project manager.
Being creative is a must for this role.
- Team player
- Active listening & comprehension
- Customer oriented
- Qualitative result driven
- Pro-active, accurate, reliable, assertive, responsible and proud
Languages and mobility
- Resident in Belgium
- Fluent oral communication skills in French, Dutch and English
- Fluent writing in mother tongue (Dutch or French) AND English
- Geographic mobility. You must be ready to accept assignments anywhere in Belgium, and potentially abroad
- A unique environment for your personal development
- A career where high performance is rewarded and where freedom, industrialization, innovation and trust are in the spotlight