Focus of the role:
Capgemini FS is currently looking to hire a skilled FullStack Java Developer, to join it's Application Development and Maintanence practice. The successful candidate will work on an initial engagement with one of our banking clients.
What you’ll do:
- Help drive designs towards asynchronous functional reactive systems Lead teams of software engineers
- Be responsible for the quality both internal and external of software and help address any client satisfaction issues
- Be a mentor and role model for other software engineers
- Employ agile techniques such as task estimation test automation deployment automation and continuous integration to enhance overall execution speed and product quality
- Think through hard problems and work with teams to make them reality
- Provide strong communication skills via education and mentoring to team members business users and technology colleagues
- Develop your career by focusing on elements you are passionate about
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject / work experience
- Experience building object oriented solutions
- Experience working with XP methods such as test driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with continuous delivery develops and open source technologies
- Agile / Lean software development experience e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP
- Extensive experience building highly scalable concurrent large volume event driven systems
- Development and delivery experience with Java and or .NET
- Strong object oriented skills with deep knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to work in a complex team environment
- Knowledge of software practices such as TDD, BDD and CI
- Great communication skills and ability to work independently
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us.
Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.