An overview of the role:
Here at Capgemini Financial Services we’re looking to recruit a number of Project Managers who will work with our retail and commercial banking clients. You’ll work closely with Capgemini colleagues and clients as a member of a project management team, typically within or associated with a delivery, proposition or consulting engagement.
You’ll take full responsibility for managing a project or programme managing a number of related workstreams or activities to achieve a desired business result, planned profitability levels, quality standards and highest-level client satisfaction. All this whilst also building a high-performing, motivated delivery team.
We’re really keen to hear from you if you have experience working with a range of technologies in a scrum / agile environment.
We’re happy to receive applications from candidates across all levels of experience who are interested in a permanent, fulltime role. All positions are based in London, but travel will be required to client locations throughout our network.
We are passionate about bringing deep industry experience, innovative service offerings and next generation global delivery to serve the financial services industry. Working closely with our clients, our consulting professionals design, build and implement strategies that can help enhance business performance. They develop specialized expertise—strategic, industry, functional, technical—in a diverse project environment that offers multiple opportunities for career growth. While the specific type of consulting work they do can vary, it generally aligns to management consulting, systems integration consulting, or technology consulting.
Why this role?
Your responsibilities will include:
• Effective start-up, execution and close-down of projects and programmes
• Work with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme
• Monitor progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality
• Alignment of projects and programmes with business benefits realisation
• Establishment of effective project / programme governance
• Managing project / programme finances in collaboration with the client
• Ensuring the effective resource management and alignment between all involved parties (Capgemini on-shore and off-shore, plus client and 3rd party as necessary)
• Alignment of project / programme with client strategic objectives, scope and requirements management, invoking change control procedures as appropriate
• Providing proactive resolution of issues and mitigation / containment of risks and associated impacts
• Managing and maximising client stakeholder relationships
• Managing supplier relationships (3rd party and Capgemini internal): selection, contractual and management of delivery
• Establishing and implementing effective communication to the variety of stakeholders, client, delivery team and 3rd parties
• Management of quality assurance and quality control aspects related to the programme/project
• Building a high-performing, motivated delivery team
You’ll bring the following:
• Functional / domain background and experience in retail and / or commercial banking with focus on lending (unsecured and secured) and collections
• Prior experience of working for a consulting firm
• Stakeholder management (ongoing, active engagement with all stakeholders)
• Benefits identification / tracking (involvement on business case development and designing and running benefits management structures for ongoing tracking of benefits achieved)
• Multi party integration (this can have various dimensions – multiple workstream management, multiple vendor management, multiple client business groups’ involvement etc)
• Project portfolio management (emphasis on experience in helping the client make decisions around “doing the right things” as opposed to reactive reporting-based portfolio management)
• Budget management (experience managing various engagement models, e.g. fixed price, fixed capacity, T&M etc – particularly fixed price management)
• Resource management (strategic view covering projecting/forecasting resource needs as well as tactical day to day resource fulfilment-based view)
• Change management (ability to guide organisations through complex and multi-dimensional change)
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
While we’re a global consultancy, we’re made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re also focused on using tech to have a positive social impact. So, we’re working to reduce our own carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re really serious
about. In fact, we were even named as one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for an 8th year. When you join Capgemini, you’ll join a team that does the right thing.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.