The focus of your role
We are looking to recruit a number of Banking Business Analysts into our Banking and Diversified Financials Practice, based in London. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience working in retail banking. These roles represent a unique opportunity build your career as a Business Analyst or gain further exposure to some of the UKs top banking institutions. All roles are permanent, full-time positions.
Who you’ll be working with
Capgemini’s financial services specialists provide a complete range of services to help our clients capture sustainable business results. Our Financial Services Strategic Business Unit is a global organization which focuses on key financial services domains: Banking, Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments & Cards, Wealth and Asset Management, and Risk Management & Compliance. In addition to these domain areas, we have global practices that are dedicated to building innovative solutions in the areas of Business Information Management, Channels, Finance Transformation, Technology Development & Integration, and Testing.
What you’ll do
Some of the tasks you’ll be involved in:
• Provision of specific domain expertise to enable delivery teams
• Working with delivery teams to translate the end user requirements to application/system requirements
• Capturing, analysing and documenting functional requirements
• Reviewing requirements documents prepared by developers
• Business process modelling – investigating operational requirements, issues and opportunities to seek effective solutions
• Translating end user application/system requirements and ensuring the delivery team has a thorough understanding of these requirements
• Challenging the business where appropriate to manage expectations and highlight risks/issues
• Preparation of test scenarios and management of integration and system testing
What you’ll bring
- Past experience as an IT Business Analyst in the retail banking industry
- Hands-on experience writing user stories
- Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately
- Strong initiative; able to self-manage
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done
- Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines
- Experience using standard project and business tools including Rally, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint
- Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
- Proficient with process modelling tools (e.g., Visio, IBM Blueworks).
You might also have:
- Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards
- Experience with other visualization tools
Why we’re different
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you